Arturo Vidal

Barcilliant

Fuck off Valverde. Vidal should be pissed. A world class player who was promised he would be an important player. He could have gone to Inter to start.

Instead this fucking asswipe Valverde is letting him rot on the bench while over playing Rakitic and Busquets.

EdmondDantes

Vidal isn't world-class anymore.

I want him to play over Rakitic but he should earn it in training and not mouthing off to the press.

One thing is certain though, he's no Paulinho. We're winning a tough game 3-0 and there's Arturo pissed off as though it's all about him.

He should be over the moon to be a squad player here, especially given the fact one-man league team Bayern were desperate to get rid of him last summer.

Horatio

You're welcome
Vidal isn't world-class anymore.

I want him to play over Rakitic but he should earn it in training and not mouthing off to the press.

One thing is certain though, he's no Paulinho. We're winning a tough game 3-0 and there's Arturo pissed off as though it's all about him.

He should be over the moon to be a squad player here, especially given the fact one-man league team Bayern were desperate to get rid of him last summer.

Finally a more level-headed response. I also suspect most are overrating Vidal and don't think Valverde doesn't field him just because of a personal fit. He's probably not showing enough in training or other players are more reliable at this point.

serghei

The problem is Vidal is not getting any minutes. It's not about him being a starter is about using him as an option and not letting him out to dry. It will come a time when we will need a player like Vidal. Then what?

We complain our players don't put a hard shift anymore, but when we have experienced players that do give everything every game we barely use them. Doesn't make any sense. Vidal is a useful player who is treated like garbage.

Everybody knew the type of player Vidal is. It's crazy to think you can sign him, barely use him, and he'll just behave like a puppy dog who is honored to be a squad member at Barcelona. It looks like incompetence to me from the management staff and from the manager mostly.

You don't sign a player like Vidal unless you plan to give him consistent game time (as much as that can be at a club like ours). Valverde can bullshit some players into saying one thing and doing another, but Arthuro Vidal is not one of those.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

the problem is vidal is not getting any minutes. It's not about him being a starter is about using him as an option and not letting him out to dry. It will come a time when we will need a player like vidal. Then what?

We complain our players don't put a hard shift anymore, but when we have experienced players that do give everything every game we barely use them. Doesn't make any sense. Vidal is a useful player who is treated like garbage.

Everybody knew the type of player vidal is. It's crazy to think you can sign him, barely use him, and he'll just behave like a puppy dog who is honored to be a squad member at barcelona. It looks like incompetence to me from the management staff and from the manager mostly.

You don't sign a player like vidal unless you plan to give him consistent game time (as much as that can be at a club like ours). Valverde can bullshit some players into saying one thing and doing another, but arthuro vidal is not one of those.
bingo!

EdmondDantes

The problem is Vidal is not getting any minutes. It's not about him being a starter is about using him as an option and not letting him out to dry. It will come a time when we will need a player like Vidal. Then what?

Everybody knew the type of player Vidal is. It's crazy to think you can sign him, barely use him, and he'll just behave like a puppy dog who is honored to be a squad member at Barcelona. It looks like incompetence to me from the management staff and from the manager mostly.

You don't sign a player like Vidal unless you plan to give him consistent game time (as much as that can be at a club like ours). Valverde can bullshit some players into saying one thing and doing another, but Arthuro Vidal is not one of those.

That's where I beg to differ. From what I've seen, Vidal and the Chilean press are obsessed with him being 'titular'. He wants to be in the starting 11 always and no matter what. I don't think he realises he's not the same player he used to be.

I don't blame him for being ambitious but Vidal has to know where he's at in his career. Even prime Vidal would struggle to start for Barca since we don't match his way of play stylistically, let alone a past-it Vidal, the one we have here today.

Having said that, with the way Rakitic has been playing, Valverde should be looking for solutions and Vidal should be getting his minutes over him.

jamrock

Yep agreed if we could find minutes for Paulinho no way should Vidal not be more involved

Joan

Complaining online and fighting with the coach will not get you time on the pitch. And deservingly so. Vidal went from the first sub to permanently benched. It's not like Malcom's case at all.

Cule4life

The Culest
He wants to be in the starting 11 always and no matter what.

Can you also tell me tomorrow's lottery numbers?

Forget about Chilean media. It doesn't look at all from Vidal's interviews that he's shocked that Valverde doesn't put him as the first name on the sheet. He just wants to and thinks he should play more. Nothing wrong with having passion to play which our squad sorely lacks.

Vidal is echoing the sentiments of the majority of Barca fans who are fed up with Valverde's cowardice/favouritism towards the old guard.

Vidal is not the kind of player who'll take injustice lying down and the board would have known that. Terrible squad management from both the board and Valverde.

Excuse after excuse for Valverde's incompetence- He sees them in training, he knows what he's doing, they don't fit in his (non-existent) system, they want first team place, the old guard don't need rest (a special excuse from Messigician :lol: worthy of the hall of fame) etc.

If Vidal was the sole case your argument would hold more ground. But looking at other squad players at Malcom and Valverde refusing to even sub the old guard let alone bench them tells a different story

But nope for Valverde fanboys the whole world is wrong and Valverde is right.

I thinks there's room to speculate that last season's Paulinho was better than this season's Vidal.

Was he 10x better cos thats how much more playtime Paulinho got :lol:

Complaining online and fighting with the coach will not get you time on the pitch. And deservingly so. Vidal went from the first sub to permanently benched. It's not like Malcom's case at all.

Valverde doesn't strike the kind of guy who faces Vidal and Malcom and tells them why he's ignoring them. Too much of a pussy

Anyway maybe Vidal might be lashing out so that either Valverde is forced to answer to the press why he's ignoring him or make enough noise to force a transfer in January.

Last edited:

EdmondDantes

Can you also tell me tomorrow's lottery numbers?

Forget about Chilean media. It doesn't look at all from Vidal's interviews that he's shocked that Valverde doesn't put him as the first name on the sheet. He just wants to and thinks he should play more. Nothing wrong with having passion to play which our squad sorely lacks.

I appreciate the sarcasm but there's not as much conjecture in my other comment as you might think.

Vidal goes by the self appointed moniker 'King', or 'King Arturo' or 'el Rey' for short. He also has been a starter for some of the world's biggest clubs for most of his career.

Look at this past international break, what was the first thing he said to the press when he landed in Miami? "How can I be happy when I don't play?"

And what was the last thing he said after playing Mexico in their second game (before flying back to Barcelona)? "Now I'm off to win a place in the starting 11".

I find it axiomatic that Arturo has come here to be as much of a bona-fide starter as Messi and Suarez. His face last night says it all. His little emoji after playing 10 minutes at Wembley also suggest he's not happy with minutes off the bench either.

Now here's a final one; Vidal and Bravo had a falling out last year or so. When asked about him in a press conference, Vidal said players who aren't playing 90 minutes week in, week out shouldn't be playing for the Chilean national team. Referring to Claudio being second fiddle to Ederson at Man City (obviously before his unfortunate injury).

What's Vidal's situation now? Exactly.

He's come here thinking he's still prime Vidal at Juventus whilst I'm almost certain we signed him to be a squad player; albeit one to play a big role in our Champions League play-offs in the second half of the season.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans