Arturo Vidal

Kul_z

He should not rest Busquets, he should replace him. As long as Busi is in the first 11, Barca will not win a CL. Our DM should be either Vidal or Raki.

Nope. I still think rotations would bring us cl, not droping players

Catta

Nope. I still think rotations would bring us cl, not droping players

Rotations alongside droping some players who are just not good enough anymore. Like Pep did with Ronaldinho, Deco and Eto'o, the club needs another mini revolution with Busi, Pique and Suarez as the first to go and be replaced.

PhilS

It might take another month, but I expect real competition this season for the starting spot that has belonged to Busquets for so many years. Vidal is real class, Valverde will give him the chance to show what he can do with this club.

Busquets does not like to join in the final attack. Vidal or Rakitic or Roberto can and will do so, and do it well. For players in their 30s, how old they play varies a lot player to player. All the very heavy playing time seems to have aged Busquets more that what you might expect for his age.

Kul_z

Rotations alongside droping some players who are just not good enough anymore. Like Pep did with Ronaldinho, Deco and Eto'o, the club needs another mini revolution with Busi, Pique and Suarez as the first to go and be replaced.

Different things, only similarity is with ronaldinho and suarez, fat bastards. But pep dropped them because he knew of their bad influence off the pitch and thats the big part of their departure. We need all three of them, pique is still world class, busi also but he needs mobile middlefield, vidal is ideal partner in crime. Suarez is just a fat bastard but still, we do not have better options right now and lets pray that he hit that diet and gym efin hard

BarçaBarça

It might take another month, but I expect real competition this season for the starting spot that has belonged to Busquets for so many years. Vidal is real class, Valverde will give him the chance to show what he can do with this club.

Busquets does not like to join in the final attack. Vidal or Rakitic or Roberto can and will do so, and do it well. For players in their 30s, how old they play varies a lot player to player. All the very heavy playing time seems to have aged Busquets more that what you might expect for his age.

He also play every single game for us, so maybe some rotation would increase his level. This could be a win-win.

Pepe Silvia

He should not rest Busquets, he should replace him. As long as Busi is in the first 11, Barca will not win a CL. Our DM should be either Vidal or Raki.
A rested and motivated Busquets is nothing to be underestimated.

Nonetheless, very happy to see Vidal get his debut. He looked happy and put in a good shift.

EdmondDantes

I don't think Vidal has much to do with Busquets.

In my view, Vidal and Rakitic will be the ones sharing/fighting for the same spot once the former settles here.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I want to see Vidal start a game soon. The only playing time he's gotten is garbage time minutes to defend a lead as EV loves to do. I wanna see how he can perform given a full 90 when we have every objective to do (create, score, defend, etc.)

I think he's a player we have for depth but it's worth a shot to see how close he is to his old self and how that fits into the Barca system. He hasn't yet had much of a chance to show his colors.

clemente

For EV we will have to wait till 2019 February till he is brave enough to give Vidal full 90. Probably will start his defensive 4-4-2 with Rakitic Busquets against Valladolid

Barcilliant

This guy should be a starter. He's been a favorite of all previous managers. He covers alot of ground, excellent in the tackle and in the air.

serghei

I want to see Vidal start a game soon. The only playing time he's gotten is garbage time minutes to defend a lead as EV loves to do. I wanna see how he can perform given a full 90 when we have every objective to do (create, score, defend, etc.)

I think he's a player we have for depth but it's worth a shot to see how close he is to his old self and how that fits into the Barca system. He hasn't yet had much of a chance to show his colors.

Hoping to see maybe a midfield with both Vidal and Arthur. In before we see Rakitic starting again. With this squad he should be rotating often. I think he'll do it though, he doesn't have a choice at this point.

Arthuro Vidal is not the type of player who would sit on the bench like a schoolboy and not be bothered he isn't starting many matches. He's not like Gomes. He has a strong character and he will play many minutes or else troubles will start pilling up for Valverde and his poor management skills will be exposed even more than in his first season.

At this point even if Valverde doesn't want to rotate, he'll have to do it to not cause trouble inside the team.

One thing you surely get when you have a very strong bench is heat from the unhappy players who know they are more than good enough to play. Then if you are not strongly willed and tenacious in a fair way towards the whole squad, your days are numbered.

We all know Vidal is a badass, and Arthur doesn't look like a mellow dude either. Valverde better not screw it up and play them regularly among with the other midfielders to keep the squad fresh and competitive.

Rakitic at this point, with these improvements has no business playing as much as he did last season. His playing time should be reduced by around 40%. Valverde played Iniesta and Rakitic to exhaustion last year. So, Rakitic playing time at RCM should be cut down 40% from last year, and his playing time at DM should increase with 20%. Roberto should get minutes at DM as well, especially at home against weaker sides.

There are so many options now with these new players that it would be a monumental error to have the players tired by march as it happened in 2016 and 2018.

Last edited:

Raketa10

He was awful!!! I hope he can improve fast because he was lost out there. It’s also visible that he isn’t fit yet.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans