Arturo Vidal

Barcilliant

Hopefully not. He loses the ball too much. Adapt the team to him? He needs to adapt or he's gone.

Adapt to the team???? 😂

This is not a team. There is no structure or system. Valverde throws his gala 11 onto the park, makes a few subs and thinks that's management.

Vidal hardly gets playing time too which doesn't help his cause. Vidal has shown some good stuff when he has played.

Rakitic and Vidal should be rotated but that idiot Valverde loves Rakitic so much he will play him all the time.

fergus90

I think he's a great signing. Granted he isn't "barca style" but he is genuine proven world class and adds something very valuable to the team, as shown at playing for some of the best sides in the world. His CV is bigger and better than any signing we've made in a while.

How refreshing it is to see someone with real grit and heart battling for everything, we've missed that personality for a while.

Jombi

I think he's a great signing. Granted he isn't "barca style" but he is genuine proven world class and adds something very valuable to the team, as shown at playing for some of the best sides in the world. His CV is bigger and better than any signing we've made in a while.

How refreshing it is to see someone with real grit and heart battling for everything, we've missed that personality for a while.

Valverde loves those types of players so if what you say were really the case, he would play far more, the guy has hardly played, definitely would've played more than a guy like Arthur.

Last edited:

fergus90

Valverde loves those types of players so if what you say were really the case, he would play far more, the guy has hardly played, definitely would've played more than a guy like Arthur.

Proven at Juventus, proven at Bayern. Worlds apart from bringing Denis and Gomes off the bench. He has been there and done it. Valverde's choice to stick with the same XI isn't at all relevant to Vidal's ability.

Jombi

Proven at Juventus, proven at Bayern. Worlds apart from bringing Denis and Gomes off the bench. He has been there and done it. Valverde's choice to stick with the same XI isn't at all relevant to Vidal's ability.

Plenty of old players have done a lot of things, but since Valverde loves those types and still prefers a youngster straight from Brazil, I think your assessment of Vidal is a little off.

Barcilliant

Apparently Juve want him. I will be pissed off mightily if we let him go in January.
In the match against Betis you could clearly see the intensity he brought to the midfield. Busquets, Arthur and especially Rakitic looked like pensioners strolling in the park. I was especially surprised with Arthur. The guy looked lethargic.

I expected it from Busquets and Rakitic. Those two simply don't have the legs anymore and need to be rotated every third or fourth match.

Vidal isn't really integrated into the team or match fit but he still covered alot of ground and always looked to drive forward.

Compare this with Rakitic and Busquet....

serghei

Apparently Juve want him. I will be pissed off mightily if we let him go in January.
In the match against Betis you could clearly see the intensity he brought to the midfield. Busquets, Arthur and especially Rakitic looked like pensioners strolling in the park. I was especially surprised with Arthur. The guy looked lethargic.

I expected it from Busquets and Rakitic. Those two simply don't have the legs anymore and need to be rotated every third or fourth match.

Vidal isn't really integrated into the team or match fit but he still covered alot of ground and always looked to drive forward.

Compare this with Rakitic and Busquet....

I wouldn't blame our players. They play almost non stop. Arthur comes from Brazil, and now plays 2 games per week. Arthur was even played vs Leonesa for 20 minutes or so. You don't play the same players every time almost and hope they keep the same intensity for the full season. That's why you have a top squad. To use it.

Last edited:

clemente

He will get his playing time against 3rd division teams in copa or friendlies, and in 80min+ finished matches, it will add up to 1200 minutes per season and fans will defend EV that he gave Vidal plenty of time.

Barcilliant

There are still plenty of matches left and Arturo will get his playing time. You guys should just stop worrying.

With an idiot like Valverde in charge I can't help but worry. I wouldn't be surprised if Roberto is pushed into midfield and Vidal benched yet again.

fergus90

Plenty of old players have done a lot of things, but since Valverde loves those types and still prefers a youngster straight from Brazil, I think your assessment of Vidal is a little off.

My assessment is that he is a world class player, or at least has been. Guardiola signed him for Bayern, not that it's the definitive factor but it's obvious he brings a lot of intensity to the midfield. Something which has been missing for a while, especially in away in Europe. Where we've been poor for 3 years in knockout games.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Looking forward watching him start now that Rakitic is out. Hope Valverde sees the light too and reslizes we need to play hungry players more.

PhilS

Now we should be able to see what Vidal can bring this team. One thing I'm sure we will see will be more crunching tackles. I miss that since Masch left.

Home of Barca Fans