Arturo Vidal

Messigician

This is all irrelevant to the topic, EV could be the worst coach in the world in tactics, man management and rotation while Vidal could be the greatest player of all time and it still doesn't change a thing.
You don't go in public, that is disrespect to the club, the fans and actually his teammates who are playing ahead of him. There is absolutely no excuse for it.

and if what Messigician posted is true,then he himself admit it isn't the right way to go and said "it wasn't a sporting thing"

I think Vidal meant it liek his post was unrelated to sports so he deleted it as he realised it might be misinterpreted

Gnidrologist

Yeah, why did anyone even thought it's sport related? It's obviously some kind of "dear diary" social media bullshit about some personal plot. And what was the other post. An angry smiley? Is there even a glimpse of evidence that he was reacting to something Barca related? People use these social media sites for socializing with their peers, you know.

BBZ8800

The stupid fuck needs his work horses to be tall - Above 6ft I suppose. He does not even need them to be fast and aggressive while attacking the opponents with the ball like a bull - They just need to be tall

Last season we played 442.
That means 4 midfielders compared to 3 in 433.
Dembele was injured, so we played with 4 true Cms, Iniesta, Busi, Raki, Paulinho/Gomes.
Coutinho wasn't here.
Arthur wasn't here.

So, this season we have only 3 spots in midfield.
We lost Iniesta, Paulinho and Gomes and gor Coutinho, Arthur and Vidal.

So, this is the answer to questions: why did Paulinho and Gomes play, and Vidal isn't?

Well, we had 4 cms spots last season and Dembele and Coutinho weren't available.

Further, guys here are asking:
A run of games for Arthur.
A run of games for Vidal.
Dembele to play all the time.
Coutinho to play all the time.
Malcom to get more minutes.
Should I even dare to mention Alena and Puig?

If Dembele plays, that is only 3 spots in midfield.
Coutinho takes one spot.
Busi the other spot.
Arthur, Vidal, Rakitic should occupy the 3rd spot and get enough of playing time?
Further, what to do with Rafinha and Denis?
How to squeeze in Alena?
I won't even mention Roberto as a midfielder.

We have too many players in a team currently.
And all of them want to play.
We currently have 11 midfield options: Cou, Busi, Raki, Vidal, Arthur, Roberto, Rafinha, Denis, Samper, Alena, Puig.

BBZ8800

Tell me what is more disrespect to the fans:
1. Valverde benching a beastly, world-class midfielder(who everyone wants) in favor of a tired and declining midfielder.
OR
2. Vidal demanding the minutes he deserves.
Almost all Barca fans want Vidal to play over Rakitic right now. Those who do not see this are blind.

Can you write a midfield lineup for 3 random matches in 8 days, to see how would you handle rotations?
Let's say that you have all 11 midfielders available.

For example:
Match 1:
Cou, Busi, Vidal
Arthur enters in the 60th minute

What then?
Match no2:
Cou, Arthur, Busi
Vidal enters for Arthur in the 60th minute

Match 3:
Cou, Busi, Vidal
Arthur enters in the 60th minute.

I get it, Rakitic wouldn't play at all for you, lol.
Further, a million dollar question: even with zero minutes to Rakitic, how will you give chances to Alena?
Or Roberto?
Rafinha?

So, just try to write lineups for 3 matches, and you will already have 5 angry midfielders no matter what you do.

FCBfan22

Can you write a midfield lineup for 3 random matches in 8 days, to see how would you handle rotations?

For example:
Match 1:
Cou, Busi, Vidal

What then?
Match no2:
Cou, Arthur, Busi

Match 3:
Cou, Busi, Vidal

Further, a million dollar question: even with zero minutes to Rakitic, how will you give chances to Alena?
Or Roberto?
Rafinha?

So, just try to write lineups for 3 matches, and you will already have 5 angry midfielders no matter what you do.

I agree. Vidal, Raki, Arthur, Cou and Busi should have around the same minutes at the end of the season. Use Rafinha for that late subs instead.

But Valverde has proven that he can't read the game and will use the same 3 time and time again.

If you have 5 good midfielders, utilize them.

Barcilliant

The point of having a squad with depth and quality is to rest and rotate when necessary. It's been a long time since we've had quality depth and yet Valverde keeps using the same players. Guys like Paulinho, Gomes, Denis got opportunities to play bt somehow Vidal isn't good enough.

khaled_a_d

Guys like Paulinho, Gomes, Denis got opportunities to play bt somehow Vidal isn't good enough.

Denis didn't get a single opportunity this season, last year he got 27 minutes more than Vidal this year in 1st 11 games (which isn't that much btw) because we weren't playing 442 yet and he had Deulofeu to compete with. Vidal has Arthur, Raki and Coutinho(to lesser extent) to compete for minutes. Gomes actually played than Vidal in same number of games.
Paulinho is a totally different player and he didn't start to play that much until we played 442.

Kul_z

For example:
Match 1:
Cou, Busi, Vidal

What then?
Match no2:
Cou, Arthur, Busi

Match 3:
Cou, Busi, Vidal

Or Roberto?
Rafinha?

Busquets
Vidal arthur
Dembele messi coutinho

Rakitic
Vidal coutinho
Messi suarez malcom

Busquets
Rakitic puig
Messi suarez dembele

Busquets
Rafinha vidal denis
Messi suarez

I think that guardiola with this roaster, or klopp, or saari, or whoever but not ev and mourinho would have shit ton of fun. Youngsters with mature players, perfect combination

soul24rage

Busquets
Vidal arthur
Dembele messi coutinho

Rakitic
Vidal coutinho
Messi suarez malcom

Busquets
Rakitic puig
Messi suarez dembele

Busquets
Rafinha vidal denis
Messi suarez

I think that guardiola with this roaster, or klopp, or saari, or whoever but not ev and mourinho would have shit ton of fun. Youngsters with mature players, perfect combination

instead of puig, i would put arthur. Also what kind of formation is the 4th one?

EdmondDantes

Vidal should forget about Arthur and/or Busquets. Rakitic is the man he's fighting with for a spot in the team.

Having said that Rakitic has two things going for him:

1- Valverde is a fan and is fond of what he brought to the team last season.

2 - With Arthur seemingly in, he's probably hesitant to change two starting players in a midfield of a team that's trying to get back to its winning ways. Spurs and Valencia away were very very promising performances.

But it is obvious Rakitic has been poor for awhile now. Save for a golazo here or an assist there - his overall 90 minute outings have been lacking offensively and defensively. Only Pique has been worse.

That could be why Vidal is upset.

But he has to look at himself as well. Bayern were fairly content to let him go, to a European rival, no less. He's 31, on the back of two knee surgeries and physically on the wane. Surely he can look past his perceived narcissism to see that as well. No amount of 'el Rey' this, double Copa America champion that is going to bring back prime Arturo Vidal of Juventus.

I don't know what he was told upon signing for us, but it's always been obvious he was being brought in for a squad role and not as a starter.

Barcilliant

Vidal should forget about Arthur and/or Busquets. Rakitic is the man he's fighting with for a spot in the team.

Having said that Rakitic has two things going for him:

1- Valverde is a fan and is fond of what he brought to the team last season.

2 - With Arthur seemingly in, he's probably hesitant to change two starting players in a midfield of a team that's trying to get back to its winning ways. Spurs and Valencia away were very very promising performances.

But it is obvious Rakitic has been poor for awhile now. Save for a golazo here or an assist there - his overall 90 minute outings have been lacking offensively and defensively. Only Pique has been worse.

That could be why Vidal is upset.

But he has to look at himself as well. Bayern were fairly content to let him go, to a European rival, no less. He's 31, on the back of two knee surgeries and physically on the wane. Surely he can look past his perceived narcissism to see that as well. No amount of 'el Rey' this, double Copa America champion that is going to bring back prime Arturo Vidal of Juventus.

I don't know what he was told upon signing for us, but it's always been obvious he was being brought in for a squad role and not as a starter.

Our midfield lacks physicality and leadership. Vidal provides both in spades. He's not perfect but he gives everything on the pitch. Strongin the air, tackle and almost Puyol like attitude. The guy has also played cb for Juve.

Great player left to rot on the bench by a shit manager.

Cule4life

The Culest
Has our club turned into a circus? Shades of Mou here

Vidal controversy and also Malcom agent speaking out about his lack of playing time. Still some people defend Valverde's man management

Kul_z

instead of puig, i would put arthur. Also what kind of formation is the 4th one?

I would play it 442 defending, 343 attacking, with 2 cb's and busquets in the back, semedo and alba going up to wingers with messi false nine, vidal in the middle, suarez in the box and denis and rafinfa lurking around the box.

Home of Barca Fans