Arturo Vidal

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Arturo Vidal is Chilean midfielder currently playing for Bayer Leverkusen.

1305396231246.jpg

Full name: Arturo Erasmo Vidal Pardo
Born: 22. 05. 1987.
Preferred foot: right

Vidal had a great season with Leverkusen, helping them reach the 2nd place and claim the direct qualification for CL next season.

Vidal has a contract that's running out in 2012 and this combined with his good performances attracted interest from various clubs, Bayern Munich being in a pole position to secure his signature.

Sport just published an article that Barca joined the chase.

Interesting rumor about Vidal, although he is heavily linked with Bayern seemingly following his current coach Heynckes to Munich. He is a tireless center midfielder, very energetic both in tackles and in forward runs and he is a good scorer even. Naturally he could be filling out Keitas role, although he lacks the aerial power. He also occasionally plays on the RB or RW - versatility is indeed another strength.

X

xaviniesta

what a great versatile. chile are producing some really excellent young talents - should keep an eye on them.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Very good player imo, but we already have Busquets and Mascherano (and Keita). I haven't seen him on RB, but if he could cover for Alves we could concider selling Keita and bringing him in.

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
dont get why we arent going for him..he has 1 year left on his deal and we should get him for max 20 mill....a much more sensible buy than cesc for 50 mill

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
He is also different and perhaps just worse than Cesc - and he hardly has a lobby and the respect of the players around him.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
He is also different and perhaps just worse than Cesc - and he hardly has a lobby and the respect of the players around him.

exactly.

dunno why people talk about transfers like this as tho they are always possible.

this isn't Football Manager.

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
and he effectively kills his career by moving to juve :lol: :(.............i pray he survives :( and for only 12.5 mill.........WOW

Barcafan 2304

Juve are building a decent side and while Serie A lags behind the Primera and EPL, its still a pretty decent league. Pretty good move

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
Like i wrote in another thread already ... he was highly wanted by Bayern too. Just Leverkusen didnt want to sell within the league (for being retarded i guess ... not like they are competing with Bayern for the title this season anyway).

Vidal however apparently gave his word to Bayern and esp. his old and Bayerns new coach Heynckes, to either join Bayern this season (if they somehow would agree on a deal) or wait until next season (his contract was running out in 2012). Hoeness and Rummenigge nicely commented this move with 'Vidal joined the club that fits best to him' and werent otherwise really surprised as a south american agent was involved.

My personal opinion is fairly obvious i guess. Joining Milan or Inter is somehow debatable ... but joining Juventus is a pure joke imo - shit team in a dying league. And according to what Salihamidzic said after his departure there (he moved to Wolfsburg), they lost any structure and basically have a headless chicken style management. So you must be either very desperate or just dumb to go there imo.

Barcilliant

Arturo Erasmo Vidal Pardo (born 22 May 1987) is a Chilean footballer who plays as a midfielder for Juventus and Chile national team. A versatile player who played several different roles in his early years, Vidal eventually found his position at Juventus as a world class box-to-box midfielder capable of assisting his teammates in both defense and attack. It was these displays for Juventus that led him to be nicknamed Il Guerriero ("The Warrior") by the Italian press for his hard-tackling and tenacious style of play.[1][2]

Shocking that this guy isn't here. At the moment he is the best midfielder in the world.

Home of Barca Fans