Arturo Vidal

MagIX

I can't believe it.....finally: a player taller than 1.70, strong physically, good header, good technically, fight like a warrior.
He is the type of player I would like in our midfield since years.
Obviously it would have been better to have bought him few years ago before Bayern bought it
But I think for a price of 20/30Mio is a good deal.

Last edited:

Yannik

Technically you upgraded your Paulinho and made €20-30m net profit.
I guess people wanted another name, but all in all it‘s decent business by Barto.

George_Costanza

The pursuit of Rabiot never dies... We are so hell bent on pissing PSG off when we need to get on really good terms with them.

I think it's a genius move by Bartomeu. He keeps pissing off the Qataris knowing that they won't sell us any player. So this would make PSG lose more money by renewing players linked to Barcelona with a much-improved contract every year.

Devils

People still think that we should be saints to PSG over the next 4 years and expect to be able to sign that kid when the time comes.

Oh to dream...

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Apparently it’s a done deal now. Official announcement in the next few hours.

Seems weird though as it’s midnight here in Europe, they will probably do it tomorrow. It just made me realise what time of day to teams usually announce players?

Yannik

Another side effect this would have is that this makes it more likely that Inter will now go all out for Modric since Plan B is off the table.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Apparently it’s a done deal now. Official announcement in the next few hours.

Seems weird though as it’s midnight here in Europe, they will probably do it tomorrow. It just made me realise what time of day to teams usually announce players?

Next few hours can be anything from 5 hours to 5 months.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
The signing is not terrible at face value. You buy a former top player on his last legs, coming off injury, for a low fee. It's a low risk, high reward type of gamble. You're betting he regains his fitness and gives you his last couple of years of good production. This is not a Paulinho style signing. Vidal was much better than Paulinho ever was. But this is only good if used correctly and managed well.

This signing will ultimately be made or broken by Valverde. He can use Vidal on a limited basis, for his skillset, and with a smart lineup choice; or he can overuse him to run the lineup he wants, and screw the player and the team.

Valverde needs to buckle up and get his head out of his ass. He's got now a deep team with added talent. Full season of Coutinho and Dembele; Arthur and Malcom to bring along; and now Vidal to play a bit with tactical setups. No excuses now. Manage well; rotate the team; keep players fresh; but above all, smart, offensive lineups to use everyone according to their skillset. He needs to grow as a manager now.

Gnidrologist

I tend to agree with those who think that people here are overreacting. Don't think he will be the guy who takes away minutes from youngsters, but more of a rotation for Busi/Rakitic and if he stays fit and sober is more preferable to me than current Rakitic. If he stil has the cojones in terms of energy then it's also a positive addition to our otherwise lethargic squad and he's better than Poulinho in most aspects. Although i also agree with those, who believe that Roberto could fulfill the roles he being bought for too. Roberto's defensive ability is suspect, but so will be old man Vidal's.

Anyhow, i would not buy anyone at all and there's certainly not much use for Thiago, who will be directly overlapping with most of our younger midfielders, including De Jong next season. Unless he gets promptly injured, of course. Vidal should be good utility players, but i wonder how aware of his off field problems is our management.

Last edited:

Joan

Technically you upgraded your Paulinho and made €20-30m net profit.
I guess people wanted another name, but all in all it‘s decent business by Barto.

Suppose you've seen enough of him, do you think he has badly declined?

Do you think he can still pull off a wc season?

Hamzah

High Definition Member
He should play less at Barca which maximise what he has left and gives Rakitic rest. It also allows Arthur plenty of time in his first year without overburdening him.

Valverde can fuck this up but the pieces to win the league and still compete and possibly win CL are all there.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We don't need Vidal to win the league. We need him to stay injury free and be 100% in the CL. I hope Valverde realizes this.

Inb4 Vidal plays 90 mins vs Huesca before a CL R16 Away leg.

Home of Barca Fans