Arturo Vidal

EdmondDantes

"Arturo Vidal: "Estoy triste por no jugar de titular"

Vidal to a journalist in the mixed zone after the match:

"I'm said because I'm not a starter"

From Sport:

https://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/arturo-vidal-estoy-triste-por-jugar-titular-7698433

-

Oof, if you're gonna say something like this to try put pressure on the manager, don't. But if you must, do it after you played well and not the disasterclass of tonight.

I hope he doesn't come out and say he should be 'occupying' a first 11 place next.

malvolio

Here we go again. A couple of good games against medium-poor opposition, then he somehow manages to fuck everything up in a big/important game.
Does his job but that's it. We are desperate for some new blood in midfield as him, Busi and Rakitic won't cut it at the highest level anymore.

Tackle

He is exactly how advertised, interesting how he isn't declining yet.

Of course he is declining and has had his level massively drop off from his prime days.

The current version of Vidal should not be relied upon as a starting midfield option for a team with serious CL aspirations.

Like the poster above mentioned he is good in certain matches and situations. He especially thrives against relegation fodder at home that park the bus against us. Instead of stale sideways passing Vidal brings some much needed chaos and disruption, which benefits us positively is such matches.

Throw him in against an elite club in CL like a City or Liverpool and he will be a disaster running around like a headless chicken, committing reckless challenges, compromising our positional integrity and opening up all sorts of gaps in the middle of the park.

Here we go again. A couple of good games against medium-poor opposition, then he somehow manages to fuck everything up in a big/important game.
Does his job but that's it. We are desperate for some new blood in midfield as him, Busi and Rakitic won't cut it at the highest level anymore.

What are these important games that he has meant to have flopped in? The games I've seen he has done well, was the best player at Anfield, great cameos vs Madrid.

Look, he is not ideal, but the point is he is the best we have got. It's either him , Rakitic, Busi, Alena or Puig

That's no contest at all really.

Hardy

Listen, yes he's not clinical, he fucks up sometimes easy pass but I really don't care, Vidal should play instead of Busi, with Messi dropping deep and Suarez wasting chance after chance he gives us another option to be dangerous on attack, something that walking dead Busi can only dream, at least Arturo can be useful and he's a warrior.

Home of Barca Fans