Arturo Vidal

EdmondDantes

"El Inter quiere a Vidal cedido
El Barça ha rechazado una propuesta del club italiano y pide traspaso por el chileno"

Inter want Vidal on Loan

Barca rejected a loan offer from Inter and are asking for a transfer fee instead

-

Mundo Deportivo are saying we rejected a loan offer but would be open to a transfer.

Andresito

Staff member
It's not worth selling him for what he's worth, he brings something to the squad we lacked before.

Yep, he's worth more than he's worth, if that makes sense. We'd need to pay a lot of money to replace him with a similar player of equal quality, because of how rare they are.

EdmondDantes

Insane finish that. Somewhere in China, Paulinho is proud.

[tw]1165699144327016448[/tw]

Connected Chilean journalist is adamant Vidal is still on the market, alleging both could leave.

malvolio

He is the only player with his type of a profile we have in the team. Intransferrable.

I don't understand the hype around him. He wasn't decisive in any meaningful game he played. I get it that it is good to have alternatives, but intransferrable?! The guy is just a Paulinho upgrade

clemente

I don't understand the hype around him. He wasn't decisive in any meaningful game he played. I get it that it is good to have alternatives, but intransferrable?! The guy is just a Paulinho upgrade

Having at least 1 player on the pitch running after ball non-stop, teammates see that and it directly elevates other lazy asses work rates. And on top of his work-rate, he is very complete, not really a thing he cannot do, guy is literally a perfect bench player, please tell me who you would replace him with?

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent

It's not about him being decisive. Paulinho was never as good as he is at tackling and actual defensive work. Paulinho was good at finding space in attack and headers won in the midfield, but that's about it. Vidal offers those defensive tenacity, bravery, courage and energy that no other midfielder can offer. Sure, Roberto and Alena can run all day, they are workhorses. But Vidal is a warrior. He is like Van Bommel, Davids, Masche, Puyol and that breed of players.

Altomonte

not only at Anfield - Vidal was perhaps Barça's top player in the matches following the Anfield disaster. He refused to be demoralized. His weakness is being over-aggressive at times, he causes fouls and yellow cards too frequently. Overall he is a valuable asset that can come off the bench and contribute, even score goals.

Home of Barca Fans