Arturo Vidal

EdmondDantes

I clearly meant last season; judging by their current state.

Of course they've piled on the stats, they're nearly retired already.

Nonetheless:

Rakitic scored 4; Vidal 3. Mostly cannon fodder goals. Deal with it mate.

-

You've had your failure of a non-footballing midfield last season and it ended in yet another utter humiliation.

Arthur and De Jong are different kind of players but they're supremely talented and more importantly, they're on the up. I'd much rather trust them.

Last edited:

mc_lovin

Quite baffling how Vidal became our savior. I like him and dont mind him as a squad player. But not more. If Rakitic wants to stay Vidal should be gone. Its that easy. Unless you want 7 players in midfied.

Potroh

Dude, you said that you are not a Barca fan, but a fan of beautiful football and dribbles.
No wonder that you like Dembele's and Neymar's youtube clips even if they don't bring any trophies for us.

Have told you couple of weeks ago my Dude, that quoting an - out of context part - of one of my posts from 3 years ago is... hmmm... it's just cheap - to put it politely.

It's a pity that you actually don't like football, apart from your own fabricated and dull numbers, and apart from tall and strong and masculine warriors on the pitch.

Unfortunately that continuously shows you know NOTHING about this game, but for some strange reason you have the urge to talk and talk about it - absolute nonsense day by day - regardless if you were a Barca fan or just an average lurker, who's been trying to watch some games from behind his well developed cataract on both eyes...

It seems you are simply against those who are capable of enjoying football, which you are not capable of. That's why the meaningless numbers and poor, abruptly fabricated personal feces is waving over your ever repeating ad-hock sentences.

You cannot complain dude, at least I've tried to teach you the very basic, lower than elementary level knowledge of this game. It remains your stubborn stupidity that refuses even the most basic type of abecedarian base-elements, so you just remain an bad "armchair-commentator" without actually conveying anything meaningful.

If Barca wouldn't win any trophies in the next season, you would be happy as long as Neymar was enjoyable to watch.

No, I'd be finally glad to watch the PL, where I could find the greats of yours in the name of Gomes and Pedro...

Arizona Scott

bbz is correct we would have a much weaker squad with vidal/rakitic/coutinho out. the disenguinity is far more in other late posts in this thread. good to see some other sharp and diagnostic posts--raketa(?). potroh you offer great insights many times but your bbz centricity in so many of them of late is blurring them imo--he is just one dude with opinion like all of us (or most) who want barca to succeed albeit with different perspectived what that means .

Last edited:

Potroh

potroh you offer great insights many times but your bbz centricity in so many of them of late is blurring them imo--he is just one dude with opinion like all of us (or most) who want barca to succeed albeit with different perspectived what that means .

You're right about BBZ, I should just ignore his occasional nonsense.
But what to do - if I feel my blood pressure rising when I read so much BS.
Time to time he has some good thoughts though, last week I even gave a 'like to one of his post, but what to do if no conversation is possible with his 'type'...

Barca's potential triumph is not only and ultimate aim for someone who likes the game.
It's much better to watch a great season and entertaining games with an occasional fiasco, than collecting the trophies by bad and lucky wins.

Arizona Scott

You're right about BBZ, I should just ignore his occasional nonsense.
But what to do - if I feel my blood pressure rising when I read so much BS.
Time to time he has some good thoughts though, last week I even gave a 'like to one of his post, but what to do if no conversation is possible with his 'type'...

Barca's potential triumph is not only and ultimate aim for someone who likes the game.
It's much better to watch a great season and entertaining games with an occasional fiasco, than collecting the trophies by bad and lucky wins.

on the former, i get that (bp rising) although for me it is just when their is a breakdown of simple civility and humanity. far out opinions dont do that 4 me but yeah ill disagree/not let it slide if i feel like/have the time/ etc. some folks are trolls and the ones who cant do it in an over the top nor sharp wit (funny) do indeed suck. i def a way more bullish than bbz on arthur and zidane and i really disagree on the net effect of busi vs rakitic, but its all good.

on the latter part i am a win ugly over lose pretty approach to team sports. but sure the sweet spot and goal is to win pretty. for instance liverpool is no elegant team nor klopps dortmund before but i can only respect a group of men working so hard for each other and as a collective in a fair sporting way. (i hate the teams that perfect diving and thugishness all in one in the name of the team). all my 2 cents, peace potroh

Respekt_III

CyaWouldntWannaBeYa
on the latter part i am a win ugly over lose pretty approach to team sports. but sure the sweet spot and goal is to win pretty. for instance liverpool is no elegant team nor klopps dortmund before but i can only respect a group of men working so hard for each other and as a collective in a fair sporting way. (i hate the teams that perfect diving and thugishness all in one in the name of the team). all my 2 cents, peace potroh

Liverpool are mostly decent to watch, they work hard but also play with high intensity and direct attacks which makes for an exciting game (even though not necessarily high in technical quality).

Potroh

i am a win ugly over lose pretty approach to team sports. but sure the sweet spot and goal is to win pretty. for instance liverpool is no elegant team nor klopps dortmund before but i can only respect a group of men working so hard for each other and as a collective in a fair sporting way.

Well, you see, the first WC I watched live on TV was the 1966 one. I was 11-12 yrs old in a summer-camp like thing, kept for talented young footballers, we did nothing else but played whole day in four different pitches and when the WC games started, we watched them all collectively. B&W TV and dozens of small kids, ambitious ones, all of us wished to be pro footballers and the next Pele.

Our Hungarian team beat Brazil by 3:1 and the game was spectacular. The kids were in trance, shouting and crying and there was one single guy there - myself - who was relatively calm and emotionless, trying to enjoy the win but simultaneously watching it with an objective open eye. That one single guy (me again) was the only one who made it to be an internationally acclaimed professional who was also once invited to play for the selected-world-team.
There is a reason behind that (specially after re-thinking stuff after 50 years have passed). Pros need to enjoy playing, remain relatively calm, rarely love or hate other footballers, but before all: we have to KNOW when a triumph came with bad or lucky play, and when winning was truly and actually deserved.

The mere "winning mentality" on the pitch is not enough in itself, because there's a possibility that after an important game won, you start thinking that you were actually good and that ruins everything. We always had to play with an open mind, knowing if we played horrible or great, because that's the only way a footballer can develop further.
Just counting the triumphs can be very very misleading and baleful.

So I grew up like that, always remembering that the QUALITY matters above all.
The rest can be matter of luck, disposition, an idiotic referee, even weather and other circumstances, but the most important is to know when you and your team is playing well, regardless the actual result.
I had played bad in important games when I scored twice and played relatively well when others scored or the team actually lost...

BTW, Respekt_III is right, Liverpool can play very enjoyably.

Judoman

for instance liverpool is no elegant team nor klopps dortmund before but i can only respect a group of men working so hard for each other and as a collective in a fair sporting way.

It s about personal taste. For me Klopp s brand of football is nicer to watch, than Pep s tiki-taka. It s more aggressive and concrete, so closer to my character, so it makes sense. Let s be honest, there were times when watching
Pep s Barca play was boring, due to low tempo and 2 buses parked in front of the opponents goal. You know there are a lot of ppl out there, who don t appreciate his stile.

Arizona Scott

very interesting experience and perspectives. ill be honest my personal experience tops out at my youth b levelb11 year olds topping a better team to win a tourney by mostly playing together, playing simple roles but with effort, and having fun--while better skilled players and coaches bitch among each other and a team approached is lost. great to hear insights and reflections from the deepest of experiences you get a board like this.

footy for me has grown over more watched american sports not just bc of the kids but because the contrast in styles and more uncertain outcomes, alpng with the phenoms skills showed, special field vision playes that seem a step above, and just the collective passion so often showed. it is both an elegant game and a team effort/cohesion game. nothing has matched barca 9-12 though spanish national team with much of that core was close.

CatalinR10

This guy came into the pitch , won a load of balls back and will probably leave to his hotel room waited by 2 supermodel bitches to have a 3some.

Absolute BOSS

Home of Barca Fans