Arturo Vidal

EdmondDantes

Decent off the ball in the first half, second half he was visibly tired. Disappointing and erratic in possession. But then again, that's his game.

clemente

Get that gif where we concede 2nd goal and Roberto with Pique puts their heads down, and Vidal is raising his hands trying to hype them up, our fucking captains lmao :lol:. Too many loser mentalities in this team, really don't deserve to have Vidal in between.

Messigician

Get that gif where we concede 2nd goal and Roberto with Pique puts their heads down, and Vidal is raising his hands trying to hype them up, our fucking captains lmao :lol:. Too many loser mentalities in this team, really don't deserve to have Vidal in between.

Vidal is Alpha male along with Puyol for reason.

YodaMaster

Honestly, I see a lot of people asking for an Arthur-Busquets-Vidal starting midfield in CL. I partly disagree.

Vidal is a great player to have in some scenarios but he shouldn't be an automatic starter. He's a great hardworker but he's just an average player on the ball. Not on Barça level.

I believe he should be used only in situations where the team is struggling and is forced to defend. For example in away CL matches. Plus rotation in Liga games.
But Vidal isn't a starter material player for Barcelona, not at this age for sure.
I believe Barça will always need his profile on the bench but never as an undisputed starter.

BBZ will hate this but at this point I believe the best possible midfield for Barcelona for the rest of this season if we want to dominate games is Busquets-Arthur-Alena. These 3 guys should be the starters at Camp Nou, in Liga and in CL.

Total-Football

and what did Alena do to make you say so.. one decent match in the whole season. best midfield now is rakitic vidal arthur. buskets is a dying footballer.

mc_lovin

BBZ will hate this but at this point I believe the best possible midfield for Barcelona for the rest of this season if we want to dominate games is Busquets-Arthur-Alena. These 3 guys should be the starters at Camp Nou, in Liga and in CL.

Still havent seen the greatness of Alena.

EdmondDantes

Another very poor game from Vidal. On the ball he's the least capable of all of our midfielders, including Rakitic, especially when pressed. But again, as I say every week, that's his game. Just like Paulinho. But the problem is, when he isn't fresh physically he's a detraction.

Definitely not a player to play or start every game, even if I think he's been better than Rakitic and would like to see him start over him more often than not.

YodaMaster

and what did Alena do to make you say so.. one decent match in the whole season. best midfield now is rakitic vidal arthur. buskets is a dying footballer.

Alena played like 100 minutes in La Liga this season and what he showed during those 100 minutes was better than 80% of what we've seen from Rakitic this season.
Alena can only go up from there since he's a promising kid that will develop for sure while Rakitic and Vidal are 31-32 years old has beens who'll keep on getting worse and worse. That's what makes me say so.

Actually, I'd make Vidal and Alena fight for that 3rd spot in midfield, making Alena the starter at Camp Nou and Vidal in away games to start with.

Rakitic shouldn't even be in the discussion, he should compete with Busquets for that DM spot.

Still havent seen the greatness of Alena.

Lol please tell me what greatness did you see from CM Rakitic or Vidal since the beginning of the season ?
Vidal is a hardworker and we all respect and praise him for that but hardwork =/= greatness. CM Rakitic is just a waste of space these days so...

Arizona Scott

Rakitic and busi are the chief security blanket for a back 4 that can be very leaky and not always playing coherent. They are also security when the forwards lose the ball which is not infrequent, and lets them play high risk high reward like forwards must to score against packed defenses.

Vidal (true for alena too) is the most error prone of the 4 regulars midfielders. He also is the most aggressive, and sometimes this is good. Completely agree with with using him right at 50%.

Home of Barca Fans