Arturo Vidal

ini4ever

I agree. But now what? We sell Vidal in January?

They don't understand squad will be dead-tired in April/May like previous season but does it matter anyways since EV tends to freeze out in important matches I mean he brought Gomes in minute 81 against Roma lol.

Joan

Valverde doesn't strike the kind of guy who faces Vidal and Malcom and tells them why he's ignoring them. Too much of a pussy

Anyway maybe Vidal might be lashing out so that either Valverde is forced to answer to the press why he's ignoring him or make enough noise to force a transfer in January.
Don't need to know anything about the way Valverde talks with the squad in this case. Since, before Tottenham match, he was never ignored. In fact, was out first sub-option. Similar position to Arthur's. Arthur was chosen to start and Arturo opted to tweet. Where are they now? Arthur's a starter, and Vidal's still lashing out. Makes no sense to support his behavior and award it with time on the pitch. Counterproductive and illogical. Now, Malcom's case is a story of its own.

I agree. But now what? We sell Vidal in January?
I would say talk with him. Depends on how things unfold.

jairzinho

No need to play Vidal just to please him. We need to play him because we need to rotate, we need to spread the load around, it's a long season, we don't want to be burnt out by January. Ernie needs to get that through his thick skull.

Barcilliant

Valverde is both stupid and petty. He is a small man. A petty mother fucker who plays politics just to show he is the boss.

It reminds me so much of my work environment at the moment. A small man trying to act big but out of his depth.

Vidal is twice as good as Paulinho yet he hasn't had anywhere near the game time.

Retardo has been soooo lucky. In any other liga campaign we would have been at least 6-7 points behind Real or Athletico.

Cule4life

The Culest
Don't need to know anything about the way Valverde talks with the squad in this case. Since, before Tottenham match, he was never ignored. In fact, was out first sub-option. Similar position to Arthur's. Arthur was chosen to start and Arturo opted to tweet. Where are they now? Arthur's a starter, and Vidal's still lashing out. Makes no sense to support his behavior and award it with time on the pitch. Counterproductive and illogical. Now, Malcom's case is a story of its own.

So he should be happy with a pitiful 10 minutes (80th min subs FTW) and never starting even the easier games cause Rakitic has to play every damn match? If he was getting 30 mins in tougher matches and maybe a start in easier matches then you would have had a point.

Why is Malcom a story of his own? Valverde's shitty man management has a pattern throughout the squad. Semedo too before Bob's injury was managed badly.

Arthur is starting because of the formation change and because he had an awesome performance despite getting shit minutes before (as ppl were saying earlier) and Valverde couldn't bench him then. Arthur is shining despite Valverde not due to him. So squad players have to have amazing performances without regular minutes to break into the squad whereas the old guard are guaranteed minutes irrespective of their performances.

LMTR14

valverde's treatment of vidal is making me so angry...

there are players like rakitic and pique in the team that need time on the bench or stands and this asstard doesn't take them out again and again and again FUCK

LMTR14

Complaining online and fighting with the coach will not get you time on the pitch. And deservingly so. Vidal went from the first sub to permanently benched. It's not like Malcom's case at all.

standing up against that hack coach is morally right as he is doing damage to the entire club every fucking weekend.

Joan

So he should be happy with a pitiful 10 minutes (80th min subs FTW) and never starting even the easier games cause Rakitic has to play every damn match? If he was getting 30 mins in tougher matches and maybe a start in easier matches then you would have had a point.
Vidal's minutes against Bilbao (one before the Tottenham match): 55, in the starting lineup. Started against Girona as well, 58 minutes on the pitch. 15 against Sociedad, 20 against Huesca, 15 against Valladolid.

He was far from being benched/ignored.

Why is Malcom a story of his own? Valverde's shitty man management has a pattern throughout the squad. Semedo too before Bob's injury was managed badly.
Because he never had Vidal's minutes. And never leased out.

Arthur is starting because of the formation change and because he had an awesome performance despite getting shit minutes before (as ppl were saying earlier) and Valverde couldn't bench him then. Arthur is shining despite Valverde not due to him. So squad players have to have amazing performances without regular minutes to break into the squad whereas the old guard are guaranteed minutes irrespective of their performances.
What do you mean by 'Valverde couldn't bench him'? Sounds as if his main objective was to ruin youngster's career. :lol: If you're new, it's never easy. Have to work harder than the others, complaining online won't help your case. 'Without regular minutes' doesn't apply to Vidal. As I showed earlier. Vide supra.

Joan

standing up against that hack coach is morally right as he is doing damage to the entire club every fucking weekend.

Aye. So Vidal's doing it for the sake of Barca's future, not his own minutes (career)? Interesting.

jairzinho

To avoid any dressing room problems, we should sell Vidal in January. Let's run Raki into the ground while we're at it.

PhilS

I hope to see Vidal come in at 60 minutes in both of the next two games, once for Busquets and once for Rakitic. Fresh legs could be pivotal late in both of these games.

Messigician

Vidal has said the following

, "I'm heading back to Barcelona with plenty of desire to win a place in the team."

"I'm going to keep doing what I have always done: fight, because nothing is easy," he recently stated. "But you can do anything in this life with effort and sacrifice."

It seems he's not ready to give up just yet

Home of Barca Fans