Arturo Vidal

God Serena

What was even the point of signing him?

What is the deal with our transfer policy? We have three players, Arthur, Vidal, and Malcom, all signed in one summer, who Valverde clearly does not favor or want to use. And last season we brought in Yerry Mina. What is the point of signing players our manager does not want? What is the point? We've built up a squad with incredible depth but Valverde doesn't even want to touch it.

Messigician

Vidal played like shit for Chile. How about some of you shut the hell up and get behind the team and the manager. You do not see what goes on behind the scenes in training etc and if players are playing better in training like Arthur the they should start. It is that simple so unless you all work for Barcelona and have seen Vidal train nothing can be said.

God Serena

Not good enough for a starting role, but then again, neither are Pique, Busquets, and Suarez. Rakitic as well is consistently given the full 90 minutes no matter how he plays. Vidal has been yanked off even when playing next to Rakitic and far outperforming him.

I was never a fan of us signing this drunk cripple but since arriving he's shown he deserves more minutes than he's getting. Valverde's refusal to use anyone outside of the old guard in most situations is severely limiting the potential of the squad as the starters are all burning out (Are we still "Only 3 games in"?) and our bench players are all collecting dust. There has to be some balance and as of now, there is none.

Barcilliant

So he has a bad game for 🇨🇱 and everyone wants to badmouth him?

How about the players who are consistently shit yet get a starting spot?

EdmondDantes

Mexico vs Chile tonight, or tomorrow morning, I should say.

Presumable Vidal will start. And given that he will be the last international player to return to the squad, I don't think Valverde will be giving him any minutes in our next game. Or will he?

EdmondDantes

I don't see it. Vidal played one or two games for Bayern as a centre back under Pep, but so did a legless Xabi Alonso.

Guardiola's Bayern always had 80% possession, Vidal as a CB barely had anything to do.

Plus, he's 31 and on the back of two knee surgeries. I would never trust him to defend proactively well in tight spaces in the box. His athleticism has declined a lot. Valverde hasn't even played him in Busquets' position for instance, whilst Rakitic, Arthur and Sergi Roberto have all had minutes there.

It seems to me Vidal is either a box-to-box, a right midfielder in a 4-4-2 (a la Paulinho) or bench in Valverde's reckoning.

Anyway, I obviously didn't watch the game but Chile beat Mexico with a goal in the 89th minute last night/this morning. Arturo played the whole game, as he did against Peru as well.

I cannot remember a match in which Arturo played centre back with Guardiola. Maybe he did some minutes in a game when someone got injured and Pep could not substitute. But I thought he played a very good six a couple of times - liked him more there than I liked him as an 8 as he showed more positional intelligence in that role.

---------------

Vidal was in absence convicted to a fine of 800.000 EURs in a Munich court today. 80 day rates. Because of starting a brawl in a Munich discotheque a year ago. His half brother was convicted to 120 day rates (18000 EUR). His father in law was already convicted some weeks ago to 36000 for crushing a bottle on somebody's head in this event.

I am sure the spanish press will tell you that soon, too... :blush:

Messigician

I cannot remember a match in which Arturo played centre back with Guardiola. Maybe he did some minutes in a game when someone got injured and Pep could not substitute. But I thought he played a very good six a couple of times - liked him more there than I liked him as an 8 as he showed more positional intelligence in that role.

---------------

Vidal was in absence convicted to a fine of 800.000 EURs in a Munich court today. 80 day rates. Because of starting a brawl in a Munich discotheque a year ago. His half brother was convicted to 120 day rates (18000 EUR). His father in law was already convicted some weeks ago to 36000 for crushing a bottle on somebody's head in this event.

I am sure the spanish press will tell you that soon, too... :blush:

I'm not one to discriminate on appearance but I'm not surprised in the slightest he and his family are violent people

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Rakitic is good enough to play even when he is atrocious but Vidal is reduced at cameos. Makes sense in Retardo's logic. That'll keep competitiveness and hunger in the squad. Same with Pique and Suarez.

Home of Barca Fans