Top 3 Players 2010/2011 season

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
1) Abidal (despite the tumor, he was fantastic)
2) Iniesta -when the time comes to unlock defences, he is the only one apart from messi able to penetrate..
3) Valdez - Busquets .. both in their role..

It seems very strange, but i excluded Messi.. Of course he is the most valuable, without him the season will have been completely different, but i think the best of him are to come..

Nah Messi definately has to be there he's scored and assisted an unbelievable amount this season

Frequency

1. Messi
No explanation needed here, nah?
2. Abidal
Before the season, I wasn't sure about him playing as CB, but he did a fantastic job and completely surprised me.
3. Iniesta
He simply has to be here for his awesomenes.

Trequartista

The good
It seems very strange, but i excluded Messi.. Of course he is the most valuable, without him the season will have been completely different, but i think the best of him are to come..
I can get your point,everyone is expecting Messi is score every chance he gets,him to make a successful dribble every time and to combine the plamaking and scoring every match in 99% of the games Messi's plamaking was consistent,his scoring dropped a bit in the start of the 2nd half season and then rose again and yet ended up with 50+ goals
so can his finishing improve?that would be scary but I think he will always suffer some part of the season without scoring
is he Barca's player of the season?without any doubt,although I wont call the most consistent one as Iniesta for me had less normal/non special games than Messi but thats due to the fact that Iniesta has a definite job(Playmaking) while we are expecting many jobs from Messi(Plamaking,Scoring,...)
Abidal is close to them but the injury didnt help him

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Messi
Abi
Iniesta

Valdes had a good shout too, made it real hard to choose between Don and him but in the end Don's more than just occasional pure awesomeness displays won it for me

Special mentions to Xavi and Alves in that order

Last edited:

FiReFTW

Messi
Iniesta
Abidal

Absolutely no question about it either, I don't see anyone challenging those 3 as the most influental players this year.

2nd tier are Alves , Xavi and Valdes.

Peerd

Notorious Demagogue
1 Messi
2 Busquets
3 Abidal (Would have been 2 if he did hadn't gotten into that horrible situation)

Home of Barca Fans