Andrea Pirlo

Jenks

The Sterling pass that started the move for the England goal came about because Sterling stood on Pirlo and Pirlo just let him do what he liked. He is a class above on the ball, but a bit of a passenger off it at times.

footyfan

Calma, calma
The Sterling pass that started the move for the England goal came about because Sterling stood on Pirlo and Pirlo just let him do what he liked. He is a class above on the ball, but a bit of a passenger off it at times.

Sterling roasted him atleast 4-5 times in the game.

pirlowine.gif

tumblr_mai0c82h8C1r7exs2o1_500.gif

Samuel Eto'o

That's because he did what he was suppose to do for Italy more often than not. Even the Espn commentators were praising him. Anyway to each his own.

Galning

Even if he only ran 100 metres, this is football. If you want to see someone run I recommend watching the Olympic Games. Some people..

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Here's a compilation of him yesterday.

It wasn't a bad performance, but... What was so special? Xavi does that pretty much every game, and gets hated on for not contributing defensively, there was nothing amazing about that game from him.

Galning

Let people enjoy the last pieces of art Pirlo produces at an international tournament. And yeah the people complaining about Xavi.. why bother replying to "Xavi is finished" posts after Spain got wrecked as a team due to balls over the top and Casillas brainfarts.

pEllee

That video doesn't even include half of his touches and passes. I remember plenty of good disguised passes that aren't included in that video. It was a very good performances that included plenty of great passing and interplay between him, De Rossi and Motta. He was also constantly escaping pressure (whenever they did try to press) but none of that is included in the video.

Last edited:

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
He was very good last night but he wasn't great ala euro 2012 against england. For me De Rossi was better last night just about. Both together though is :w000t:

USWAY

It wasn't a bad performance, but... What was so special? Xavi does that pretty much every game, and gets hated on for not contributing defensively, there was nothing amazing about that game from him.

Agree, but I guess the players around Pirlo provide much more defensively than the players around Xavi and they are able to mask it to the naked eye.

Home of Barca Fans