Andrea Pirlo

XaviMessiGirl

The last Serie A season started out fantasticly entertaining. Serie A hasnt been boring in a good while

yeh, years ago I thought it was boring, now I watch it all the time. Wish more people would see that though, seems like the "boring" stereotype still puts off a lot of people from watching it.

Hatem Ben Arfa

yeh, years ago I thought it was boring, now I watch it all the time. Wish more people would see that though, seems like the "boring" stereotype still puts off a lot of people from watching it.

last year was good.

but the 2 previous seasons, excluding Napoli games. I would recommend watching Serie A if you wanted help curing Insomnia.

Even if it was a game I wanted to watch I would fall asleep by half time. Milan Derby, Rome Derby, it was just so boring :(

Snake

Yeah, I really hate the stereotypical Serie A comments, like too defensive, slow, old players, etc. Some people just don't understand strategic football at all... plus the Italian league always has some of the best talents around.

bah Pirlo is great but given too much space to work in. Let's see how he handles the pressure that CR or Messi gets each match

deep-lying playmakers play deep to relieve some of that pressure, and playing deep requires incredible precision passing and decision making.

Yeah, I really hate the stereotypical Serie A comments, like too defensive, slow, old players, etc. Some people just don't understand strategic football at all... plus the Italian league always has some of the best talents around.

deep-lying playmakers play deep to relieve some of that pressure, and playing deep requires incredible precision passing and decision making.

tell that to Xavi during a classico

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
I think Pirlo is the more talented out of him and Xavi, but way less consistent.

Pirlo used to be very consistent in his milan days, was consistent for Juve last season and consistent at the euros. Xavi has more ability and more consistency IMO. Alas Pirlo has been managed properly by his national team, by Prandelli and didn't have europe last season so is fresher of the two, thus looks better. Xavi isn't being managed properly, didn't get enough rest for Barca thus hasn't looked at his best at the euros.

Plus they play in slightly different positions too so a direct comparison cannot be made.

PacoBJuarez

Well, Xavi is marking Pirlo everywhere he goes on the pitch today... and it appears pretty obvious who is the better of the two out there in this match.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Well Spain are the better team obviously and play more midfielders in the setup, not many shine against Barcelona/Spain that's just the way it is.

The comments on chat were really annoying and senseless, Superfly, Pepe etc.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Xavi is better than Pirlo that is for sure. However that doesn't mean Pirlo isn't excellent as he is. But he was up against superior players today. Simple as that.

Maria

599898_256479997794893_1004769084_n.jpg

:cry:
He would have deserved this EC..

Snake

:(

I think Pirlo is the more talented out of him and Xavi, but way less consistent.

Pirlo is the better passer and is more technically gifted in my opinion, but Xavi has more to his game.

Well, Xavi is marking Pirlo everywhere he goes on the pitch today... and it appears pretty obvious who is the better of the two out there in this match.

Xavi outshone him, but to be fair he plays in a better side. I'm very surprised though how Spain and Xavi stepped up their game to their full potential in the final. I really wasn't expecting that considering how far they were form their true level the whole tournament winning by minimal scores.

Home of Barca Fans