Emmanuel Adebayor

El Flaco

Brede Hangeland told a couple of funny anecdotes about Adebayor on the podcast "Heia Fotball"

The former Norway international claimed Adebayor would be drinking coffee in the gym rather than working out when they played together at Crystal Palace, and said the striker once asked him for restaurant tips during a game when Fulham played against Tottenham.

"This was incredible ... Fulham was attacking and I was standing by the halfway line marking Adebayor, and he says to me: 'Ah, I'm hungry,'" Hangeland said. "I said, 'What?' He said 'I'm hungry. I can't wait for the game to finish. I want to go to a restaurant. Do you know a good restaurant in London, Hangeland?' In all my years, I've never had the kind of conversation I had in the centre circle at White Hart Lane."

And when the striker turned up at Palace last year, he did not impress with his work ethic either, Hangeland said.

"When we had strength training, he would sit in the weight room on a chair with a cup of coffee and a muffin," the Norwegian said. "We knew that he was being paid by three clubs at the same time [Manchester City, Tottenham and Palace] ... and he was sitting in the gym drinking coffee."

http://www.espnfc.com/english-premi...d-emmanuel-adebayor-were-lazy-brede-hangeland

Home of Barca Fans