Esteban Andrada

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Esteban Andrada is a 20 y.o. Argentinian GK currently playing for Lanus.

2hnpbeq.jpg

Esteban Andrada, 20 years old, 193 cm tall, he's the 3rd choice GK in his current club Lanus now but was Argentina #1 in this year South American Youth Championships and won the award for best goalkeeper of the tournament.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I was hoping for some more info but I guess since Andrada doesn't even play for his home team who would know anything.

Chainsaw

Killahead
I dunno which site I was reading some days ago, but it was written that Barca actually want him for Barca B team and if he was any good then insert him into the first team, as 2nd or 3rd GK of course.

iookram

Hopefully he gets some game time in pre-season. Would be good to test him in the Audi Cup(good opposition there).

That said, we'll have to sign him 1st.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
HE is coming!!! and from my home town club also yaaay!

was amazing in the youth championships

Yugi

Lanus goalkeeper and Argentian youth international Esteban Andrada (20) will join Barcelona B this summer.
In 2012, after one year at Barcelona B, Andrade should replace Pinto, whose contract expires next year, as second goalkeeper behind Valdes.

so contract is finnished, don´t kinda understand the reason we bought him, we have Mino, Oier and Ballester (Cadet A altough but super hot prospect) and Valdes has his best years to come....

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
He's probably going to be our second keeper for the next few years since Pinto is getting old. And then Ballester will step up and things will be all nice and rosy.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Lanus club director Norberto Solito talked about the contact of the two clubs and said there could be some diffculty in this deal as the club's leaders must convince the club's members to sanction the signing.

"We met here, in Buenos Aires, with a technical secretary from Barcelona. On May 1 [Narcis] Julia came to us revealing Barcelona's interest in the player, and we agreed that an offer would arrive shortly," Solito stated, while declining to disclose the potential value of a transfer.

The official, however, also stated that it was the express policy of the Grana not to sell players who have yet to see Primera action. The South Buenos Aires club prides itself on running a more manageable, realistic insitution than many of its rivals, with treatment of academy players a key aspect of this plan.

The implication for Barcelona, as Solito explains, is that it is not just a decision between directors and agents to decide whether Andrada stays or goes.

"When Barcelona make an offer we will see if it is sufficient, and then we will call a general assembly of our members. This is because [the transfer] is against the values of the club, we need to have the authorisation of the assembly to make sure it is in the interests of the club and the player."

N

nejcf15

@barcastuff

Esteban
Andrada (goalkeeper
Lanus): "My agent told me
that in one week, at the
most two, there will be a
deal on my transfer to
Barcelona."

Andrada: "I
was informed 3 months
ago. My club asks 4M for
the transfer. Barça's plan is
to let me adapt to their
game for 1 to 1.5 year."

Andrada
(Lanus): "I'm very happy,
and proud. You never
imagine that the best club
in the world can be
interested in you." [ona fm]

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
I've not really been impressed with any of our young keepers, so this is a good move I think. No idea how he's going to get playing time, though.

Home of Barca Fans