Staff member
Hector Moreno

Born: 17.01.1988
Club/Nationality: AZ/Mexico
Position: central defender
Height: 1,82
Preferred foot: Left

1304609619555.jpg

Sport says Barca are linked to this Mexican defender.
Any thoughts?

Gibbons

Hmmm, preferred foot is left. Could be a potential fall-back option if we are unable to get Sakho?

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
He's getting a lot of hype as the "new Marquez"

He's pretty awesome, but not quite Rafa-level awesome.

Butaan4barca

too short for CB, IMO, looking at our needs... we already are week defending set pieces, nevertheless, who know if he is puyol like defense marshal.

Last edited:

FCB_M3

I can't feel ma face!
Finally a thread about him!!

Yes similar to rafa but not at his level.. I think he could be a back up for puyol or pique and won't be expensive... Would love to see him @ barca !!!

No thanks, I don't think we should be looking at backups ATM. Puyol will be retiring soon (or at least wont be able to play at the same level if he keeps playing) and Abidal will soon follow. So we need a world class CB IMO or at least someone in the making.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
he's 5'11.

I'd prefer a CB that's 6' plus.

we have a serious height deficiency from our front five. which is fine. but let's not have an entire team of midgets, yeah?

SAKHO.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
he's 5'11.

I'd prefer a CB that's 6' plus.

we have a serious height deficiency from our front five. which is fine. but let's not have an entire team of midgets, yeah?

SAKHO.

Well it depends what we are looking for.

If we want a big lug who is strong, then yeah, Sakho makes sense.

If we are looking for another sweeper to fill the gap where Rafa was and Chyggy failed to fill, then Moreno makes much more sense.

I mean Moreno ain't tall but he's slightly taller than Puyol and slightly shorter than Marquez, so he falls in the average category.

But yeah, if you want a big athletic guy who runs around a lot, Moreno isn't really a logical choice. I hate comparing stoppers and sweepers unless they are some sort of Pique-esque all rounder, which doesn't either describe my Mexican sweeper fetish or your big, athletic African fetish.

For a big dude I'd much rather bring back Botía.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Well it depends what we are looking for.

If we want a big lug who is strong, then yeah, Sakho makes sense.

If we are looking for another sweeper to fill the gap where Rafa was and Chyggy failed to fill, then Moreno makes much more sense.

I mean Moreno ain't tall but he's slightly taller than Puyol and slightly shorter than Marquez, so he falls in the average category.

But yeah, if you want a big athletic guy who runs around a lot, Moreno isn't really a logical choice. I hate comparing stoppers and sweepers unless they are some sort of Pique-esque all rounder, which doesn't either describe my Mexican sweeper fetish or your big, athletic African fetish.

For a big dude I'd much rather bring back Botía.

you sound like Larry Blanc for most of this post. "big lug"?! I just mean a tall defender! preferably one with pace, hence Sakho making the most sense.

if it was just about replacing Rafa, then obviously Moreno would make perfect sense. but right now we have to replace Milito and possibly find a long-term replacement for Bilal, and maybe Puyol too. all that leans more towards a physical type of defender, you dig? and really, the more pace we can add to our defence, the better. and anyway, Rafa was hardcore sexy in the air, which made his height deficiency not that big of a deal.

I dunno how quick Botia is. plus I think the idea is more popular with fans than anyone at the club. we don't usually recall people we've loaned out.

Snake

When I first read this I thought you meant both Rafa and Chyggy failed to fill, but now that I'm quoting it I read it right :D

Home of Barca Fans