Thierry Henry

Total-Football

Think the issue was more his legs had gone a bit by that point. Even in treble season he was not the player he had been in past.

I get that, but i'm not comparing him to the arsenal times. I'm talking about the difference between 2009 and 2010 .. He didn't just drop in level, he literally stoped playing all together. Regardless of the loss of explosiveness and technique he did amazing in 2009 when he wanted to win the champions league.

JamDav1982

I get that, but i'm not comparing him to the arsenal times. I'm talking about the difference between 2009 and 2010 .. He didn't just drop in level, he literally stoped playing all together. Regardless of the loss of explosiveness and technique he did amazing in 2009 when he wanted to win the champions league.

Dont think it was lack of effort.

Henry got older and roles changed a bit that season with Etoo leavig, Ibra arriving and Messi playing more central at times. Is how I remember it.

khaled_a_d

I remember us complaining how expensive he was (20 mil.).

Decade of oil clubs ruining football.

Henry price wasn't bad at that time,but people complained because of his age and whether we needed him or not. Chelsea has signed Shevchenko with around double that price one year before it at the age of 30 too.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Henry price wasn't bad at that time,but people complained because of his age and whether we needed him or not. Chelsea has signed Shevchenko with around double that price one year before it at the age of 30 too.

Don't I know it. I complained Henry is finished. He wasn't near his Arsenal peak days that's for sure but he still managed to give us 2 solid years.

Shame we couldn't get him earlier.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
He just left his tv job to become a full time coach. What do you guys think of Henry as a Barca manager a few years down the line?

enaeipourria

Curious member
He just left his tv job to become a full time coach. What do you guys think of Henry as a Barca manager a few years down the line?

too early to comment...do not even know how influential in Belgium. But in interviews he had a good football tastes. Also, his past in Barça and Pep may have had a lot of influence on him. hope he become a great coach. Because he will definitely come to Barça.

Joan

too early to comment...do not even know how influential in Belgium. But in interviews he had a good football tastes. Also, his past in Barça and Pep may have had a lot of influence on him. hope he become a great coach. Because he will definitely come to Barça.

Interesting bit... I saw some analysis of Belgium vs. Brazil match and the key idea was to play Lukaku on the right to stretch the defense wide. Which worked perfectly and freed tons of space for De Bruyne who played centrally (as a false 9 in attacking phase). The Authors suggest it must be Henry's idea since he himself used to play that way.

Hope he becomes a great coach. One of my favorite players.

khaled_a_d

I was thinking that we should try to get him as assistant specially with young guy like Dembele here who might benefit a lot from him, but I am not sure he will be ok with it

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I was thinking that we should try to get him as assistant specially with young guy like Dembele here who might benefit a lot from him, but I am not sure he will be ok with it

Kinda like how Zidane was Ancelotti's assistant?

Would be a great idea IMO.

Well respected in the football World and the Belgian players praised him a lot, former-Barca player that played under Pep and can be the more authoritative person in the coaching staff with the players knowing him and respecting him.

If I was Henry I would take it. Could really kickstart his coaching career and make him a potential Barca manager in the future if he does his job well. Both benefit from it.

Home of Barca Fans