barSELOna

HENRY_copia.jpg

Name: Thierry Henry
Position: forward
Place of birth: Les Ulis (Francia)
Date: 17-8-1977
Height: 188 cm
Weight: 83 kg

Thierry Henry is considered to be one of the best forwards in world football over the past decade. Elegance, ability and effectiveness are his main assets.

Born in Les Ulis (France) on August 17, 1977, he made his debut in top flight football with Monaco during the 1994-95 campaign, aged just 17. He began to show some of his ability on the right wing for the Principality-based outfit. After a brief spell at Juventus in 1998-99, Henry joined Arsenal, where he went on to show his true colours and become one of the best players in the history of the north London club.

Having moved into the centre of attack, Henry proved how lethal he was in front of goal at Arsenal even though he became known for drifting out to both flanks to pull his markers across the field. With him in the side, the label of 'Boring Arsenal' was forgotten as the Gunners became an attractive, attacking force in the Premiership and in Europe.

During his time in England he broke virtually every Arsenal club record. He became the Gunners' top goalscorer of all time with 214 goals and became the record scorer in the Premiership (since it was formed in 1992) with 164 goals as well as finishing as the scorer in 2002, 2004, 2005 and 2006).

His immense trophy haul includes a World Cup winners' medal as he was a member of the successful French squad in 1998. Two years after that he helped his country to win the European Championships in Belgium and Holland and then added the Confederations Cup to his collection in 2003. With over a hundred international caps, on 18 October 2007 he beat Michel Platini’s record of 41 goals for France.

At club level, Henry helped Arsenal win the Premiership twice (2002 and 2004) and the FA Cup on three occasions (2002, 2003 and 2005). On a personal note, he finished as Europe's top goalscorer and picked up the Golden Boot in 2004 and 2005.

He was Barça’s top scorer in the 2007/08 season, with 19 goals in the Champions League, League and King’s Cup. He is also one of the top suppliers of assists. Frank Rijkaard, who played him in 30 League games, regularly lined him up on the left wing.

Speed and technique are two of Henry's main characteristics, which he allies with efficiency and elegance. He is considered to be one of the most skilful players in the game with the ball at his feet as well as being an extremely intelligent footballer.

Despite having been moulded into a central striker under Arsène Wenger, Henry can play across the front line, which could well prove to be very useful as he vies for a place in the Barça team with Samuel Eto'o, Ronaldinho and Lionel Messi during the 2007-08 season.
(fcbarcelona.com)

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Just loved him at Arsenal, but now he`s just an average player who we bought for 20 mil.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Nice assist by Henry. He was just what we needed, a tall man in the box. Smart move by Pep

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
A poor, poor game for Henry. If Victor Sanchez played that way I`d say - ok. But for a 20 mil. player to look so lost on the pitch is shameful. He completely lost his touch. Had Iniesta played there we`d probably have won with double digits.

Evil

Shabazz
Yesterday I felt the pain of not having Iniesta on the left wing ...
Henry was very crap against Valladolid, he was set up endlessly by Messi and Eto .. missed atleast 5 sure goals, in the end Hleb must have felt sorry for him and did all the work for him. So basically we have to bench this guy and play Bojan or Hleb or my grandmother who would still play better than Henry.

M.L. King

The Preacher
I've always said we should have bought Henry. He will never reach his form from Arsenal. Just sell him. As soon as possible before he harms the team with his mediocre performances.

B

Bardh

Re: 14 - Thierry Henry

What ever happened to this guy... He looks to me like he doesn't train at all or maybe he faked his age and in truth he's 40 or something. Totally lost his composure, will fall down every 1-2 balls, no shot, no pass, no stamina, no speed. I don't know how much time he needs to "adapt" but.. with 24m FCB could have gotten a much, much better player.

M.L. King

The Preacher

Henry endorsed Messi for the Balon d'Or. He went even so far to say that CR7 and Messi cannot be compared because Messi is much better.

Evil

Shabazz

That's what I hate about C.Ronaldo, he has such a big head. When Messi was asked he said he would nominate Xavi or Augero. Some Italians like Cannavaro and Buffon nominated Messi. Casillas nominated Messi and F.Torres. The only person which such a big head is CR7, when asked he nominated himself claiming he was the best bla bla .. I mean WTF ?! no matter how good a person is, there still should be something called humility, but being the arrogant cunt he is, I'm sure he never heard of such a thing.

MESSI FOR Balon d'Or !!

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

Stating the obvious... Even if, indeed, he found his humility, it still doesn`t change the fact that he stinks on the pitch and takes up valuable space and time which would benefit Bojan.

Iniesta

Play him in the center and we will see how deadly he is. He has shown it in glances when he has played in the center. But saying that i would not be against selling him to city.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

Worst Barcelona player. Again. We should really force someone else there.

Home of Barca Fans