Thierry Henry

Joan

Rumors they want Jardim back :lol:

Henry would be better off being an assistant coach for 2-3 years before returning back to management. Should approach Pep and see if he can get a role alongside Arteta. Wouldn't mind him as an assistant coach for Barca either. Could learn Dembele a couple of things about positioning himself to make a run behind the defence to utilize his pace better.

Even Zidane, had two stints as an assistant coach under Mourinho, then Ancelotti, then as a coach for Castilla while he traveled to Italy and Germany to observe Allegri and Pep and how they managed their teams.

Henry and these other guys jumping at a job at first opportunity is not very smart.
Same goes for Xavi. Shouldn't jump the gun either or I can easily see him joining the company.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
It could have worked out. Henry took a gamble and it was a rare opportunity to rescue the club that was the first major one in his career. He won the league with them as a teenager and could have become the savior as a coach.
If you looked at the squad, you would think maybe it does not take more than a spark from a new coach who has a certain aura to get this team out of the relegation zone. But their problems root deeper it seems.
Titi obviously failed and has to aim lower now but it was no outrageous decision.

Bulgroz

Who's been their best player this season?

Also, how is Tielemans doing?

Hard to say, they all sucked pretty big time. Tielemans clearly failed to impress since he arrived, even when the team was doing ok. But all in all, there are a lot of flaws in that group of players:
- Too many good players were sold without proper replacement (you can't strike gold every year like they did with Silva for example);
- The most important players are aging, and not very well (Falcao and Glik);
- A crazy high number of injuries (I doubt Barca, or any team in the world really, would do very well with 16 players out).

El Flaco

Official: Henry releases statement on his departure from Monaco

[tw]1088896931986898949[/tw]

It is with great sadness that I part company with AS Monaco. Despite the struggles and difficulties that we encountered along my short journey, I have still thoroughly my time at this wonderful Club. My ambition and philosophy from the day I joined will always be that the CLUB comes first. I strongly believe in this squad of players and the team with all the recent new signings is now in a better shape to tackle the second part of the season and to go on a winning run and fulfill its full potential.

I would particularly like to thank Vadim Vasilyev and Michael Emenalo who afforded me this opportunity at my boyhood Club and of course the fans and staff who have given me such a warm reception during my tenure. I sincerely hope that my successor will now take AS Monaco onto greater strengths and I wish them all the success for the future starting with a win in Dijon and then lifting the Cup and getting us back in Europe!

Messigician

He just tried to copy Martinez' five at the back tactic from Belgium.

Nope initially he tried 4-3-3 but as results got worse he became more and more pragmatic. His decisions like stripling senior players of the vice captaincy to give to players he coached at Belgium undermined his authority and embarrassing players with his outburts saying " How is he worth 10m?" Meant he lost the dressing room and had to be replaced.

El Gato

Villarato!
Gotta have a bit of empathy to manage or lead anybody. He's the mean #2 guy standing next to a good guy manager.

Bulgroz

The way they play after he was replaced doesn't speak highly of him at all.

I mean, to be fair, Monaco played shit before him. And yes, they're better now, but they basically bought a whole new squad (and have several key players finally back from injuries). You can't really judge his qualities just on how they're playing now.

Newcomer

I mean, to be fair, Monaco played shit before him. And yes, they're better now, but they basically bought a whole new squad (and have several key players finally back from injuries). You can't really judge his qualities just on how they're playing now.

While this is true, you can't deny Henry has a big problem of man management. As the other forumer said, he lacks empathy, he has a big ego. You can be a tactical master but if you lose the players adhesion, you are done. His last press conference was hilarious and very telling about him. He said he had put some players out of the team and that the list was so long it would be too long to give each name. Turned out the joke was on him since he was the one being dismissed just few hours later.

Bulgroz

While this is true, you can't deny Henry has a big problem of man management. As the other forumer said, he lacks empathy, he has a big ego. You can be a tactical master but if you lose the players adhesion, you are done. His last press conference was hilarious and very telling about him. He said he had put some players out of the team and that the list was so long it would be too long to give each name. Turned out the joke was on him since he was the one being dismissed just few hours later.

Oh I'm not saying Henry's a good coach. Just pointing out that you can't really compare the team he had to manage (which was piss poor) to the one playing for Jardim right now. Only 3 or 4 starters yesterday were available when Henry was coach. And Monaco was playing bad under Jardim in august, september and october, when he didn't have Gelson Martins and so on.
Monaco had a dreadful summer transfer window, and was crippled by injuries. Can't blame Henry for any of that (nor can you blame Jardim though, cause he had very little to say about the signings apparently). He's probably a terrible coach though, yeah, and his overall attitude during his short stay on the bench was bad, there's no denying that.

Home of Barca Fans