Thierry Henry

Bulgroz

With Falcao injured after 30mins, and Grandsir who got a red card less than 2 minutes after getting in. I'm sure he dreamt of a better start.

Monaco probably has an awfuly weak squad this year. They already had trouble last year, but they sold another couple good players without finding equally good replacements. Don't think they'll stay in the bottom 3 all season, but wouldn't be surprised if they fail to even go in EL next year. Can't really say if Henry's a good coach, but even a genious wouldn't manage to get much done with they players they have.

El Flaco

[tw]1058826572856258561[/tw]

[tw]1059160601258287104[/tw]

Speaking at a post-match press conference last night following AS Monaco’s 1-0 loss to newly promoted side Reims, Thierry Henry detailed a crippling lack of confidence on the part of his players as the reason why his ideas are not being implemented.

“Reims won basically all the duels. When we were at 11 vs 10, we really weren’t in the match at all. Then we get a red card of our own and penalise ourselves completely on our own. This was more worrying than on previous occasions because we do not produce any football. This evening was not about tactics, it was about a lack of desire. If you don’t win any duels, then its difficult to win a football match. I understand our fans’ frustration. This is a delicate situation. When you enter the pitch and your players involuntarily refuse to play, it is difficult. We have to find our confidence again. I would not have come to Monaco if I did not think that there was quality in this team.”

El Flaco

DrWLZpkX4AA0STJ.jpg

Joan

Monaco's terrible. Doesn't say all that much about him. That's how selling clubs work. Once you sell your golden generation, you're not getting a new one any time soon. Delusional to expect that.

Messigician

Monaco's terrible. Doesn't say all that much about him. That's how selling clubs work. Once you sell your golden generation, you're not getting a new one any time soon. Delusional to expect that.

Qh yeah because players like Falcao shouldn't be able to beat pub sides lmao.

Henry is so out of his depth taking on a big job like this with no experience the new Gary Neville

Bulgroz

His players are either too old (Glik, Raggi, Falcao), overrated (Tielemans), always injured/out of form (Jovetic, Sidibe, Pellegri...) or just plain trash (Chadli, Aholou...). It was a mistake for him to join Monaco: everybody's going to expect huge things of him because people still think Monaco has a great team. There's a reason why they were 16th of Ligue 1 before Henry arrived. Jardim was clueless too. Jardim, a very underrated coach, who managed to snatch a league title and reach UCL's semis with a board that kept selling his best players without reinvesting much). Can't see how a young coach could manage to make something out of that squad. Don't get me wrong: that doesn't mean Henry's a genius, but his failure here clearly doesn't mean much either. It's an impossible task that has been given to him.

Joan

His players are either too old (Glik, Raggi, Falcao), overrated (Tielemans), always injured/out of form (Jovetic, Sidibe, Pellegri...) or just plain trash (Chadli, Aholou...). It was a mistake for him to join Monaco: everybody's going to expect huge things of him because people still think Monaco has a great team. There's a reason why they were 16th of Ligue 1 before Henry arrived. Jardim was clueless too. Jardim, a very underrated coach, who managed to snatch a league title and reach UCL's semis with a board that kept selling his best players without reinvesting much). Can't see how a young coach could manage to make something out of that squad. Don't get me wrong: that doesn't mean Henry's a genius, but his failure here clearly doesn't mean much either. It's an impossible task that has been given to him.

That's it. Currently, we know very little about his managerial abilities. All we know is that he made a terrible choice. Monaco hasn't won a match since the beginning of August, and the expectations are high. I thought he'd sign with Bordeaux. Strikes me as the better choice. He could very well become the next Neville, but I'd give him time.

Home of Barca Fans