Thierry Henry

Ursegor

World Champion
For some reason I don't think Henry would make a good coach. The way he talked about Pep and our style of play was more like someone who was totally blown apart from what he has experienced, like a child who could have never imagined it. Doesn't strike me as a great visionary or tactician.

I think he is too funny to be taken seriously as well.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
You don’t need to be a wonderful tactician when you are at a club like barcelona or madrid. Zidane proved that.

It’s more about motivation, keeping people happy, handling pressure and media etc

Ursegor

World Champion
Zidane might not be a tactical genius but he was a legendary midfielder who controlled the game alongside other legendary midfielders. At Madrid he experienced at first hand what it meant to take away a DM for some more shiny toys so he stepped in as a coach and benched James for Casemiro to provide balance.

Henry joined Barca and at 30 years of age was surprised that he had to work hard as a winger.

Too much Wenger coaching influence in Henry, rather pass tbh.

Bulgroz

Heard 2 different versions so far:
- A pretty serious newspaper said that Henry want to be certain the club is going to recruit at least 3 players for a total amount of 30 million euros before signing his contract
- an inside source says he doesn't really care about transfers, he wants to work with the few talented young players we have (among which Kounde, awesome young center back Tchouameni, great midfielder that Milan tried to buy, or Youssouf, CM/RW who almost joined Valencia a couple weeks ago).

As long as he joins, I'm fine with both scenarios: the first one would mean our team has ambition, the second one would mean Henry is a great guy ready to seriously get to work.

There's even a rumor about Wenger as a director of football and Henry as coach. For a team like Bordeaux that would be incredibly huge.

Givenchy

will miss him as a pundit on sky, was one of the good ones imo. awesome to see alot of the PL generation I watched growing up are becoming managers (Gerrard, Lampard, Henry)

Bulgroz

I heard he had trouble finding his marks at the beginning as a pundit, happy to hear he ended up as one of the good ones ! Haven't seen much of him on sky, but all of his interviews are quite fascinating, and everyone who knows him says he watches football scarily often, being able to talk about players from 3rd or 4th division in any of the big leagues, analyzing everything all the time. Raymond Domenech, who coached France from 2005 to 2010 was once asked "which player would you never go on holiday with ?". His answer was "Thierry Henry. He can't stop talking about work, even on holidays, and that would be a pain in the ass".

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I heard he had trouble finding his marks at the beginning as a pundit, happy to hear he ended up as one of the good ones ! Haven't seen much of him on sky, but all of his interviews are quite fascinating, and everyone who knows him says he watches football scarily often, being able to talk about players from 3rd or 4th division in any of the big leagues, analyzing everything all the time. Raymond Domenech, who coached France from 2005 to 2010 was once asked "which player would you never go on holiday with ?". His answer was "Thierry Henry. He can't stop talking about work, even on holidays, and that would be a pain in the ass".
:lol:

So Titi not as cool as the legend makes him!

Bulgroz

Apparently it's not going to be in Bordeaux, unfortunately. Seems he asked for guarantees regarding this transfer window and the next one, and the new owners are not going to give them. This sucks big time for a Bordeaux fan like me:
- I was thrilled to have Henry as a coach, he knows so much about football, and he would have been a huge attraction for any player who might have considered joining us;
- Looks like the new owners won't spend much on players, and our team is pretty bad as it is right now (ended up 6th last season thanks to a couple miracles, and we sold Malcom who was by far our best player, while spending only 10 millions on news recruits...)

I still hope that Henry's going to join, the final answer should be this week, but it's not looking good from what I've heard.

Joan

Who's in charge in Bordeaux as we speak? Sofa says it's still Gus Poyet and he's sacked as far as I know... :thinking:

Home of Barca Fans