Thierry Henry

Evil

Shabazz
Re: 14 - Thierry Henry

Not too bad, but everyone else played better, could have scored from a few chances, but I wont critisize him just after 1 shaky performances. Lets hope Andrea isn´t taking too much of his time :p

Evil

Shabazz

Nope, Eto'o should take the penalties in the league matches because he's running from 'Pichichi' not Henry .. just like Villa takes all the penalties for Valencia.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

It was a nice header goal by Henry. The other goal was easier to miss than to score. He had an awful miss in the 1st half so it`s his own fault for missing the hattrick.
thierry14henry: It really isn`t about supporting a particular player, it`s the team that counts

thierry14henry

Oh Evil thanks i didn't know that, but doesn't messi take penalties too? he running for pichichi sure and henry scored just 1 less than messi in la liga.

Also Boyan i'll forgive u for what u said but once I was watching a man utd game where rooney scored 2 goals and they got a penalty, as you should know ronaldo is utd's only penalty taker, and he was running for top scorer, but he let rooney shoot because he was on a hat-trick, if Xavi scored 2 and barca get a penalty, he should take the penalty because he will get his hat-trick, heck if abidal got 2 and they got a penalty, then he should take it. UNLESS the team was losing or drawing you should let the team's penalty taker shoot. but if it's 4-0 then let the man grab his hat-trick.

Now did I prove my point?? ;)

Evil

Shabazz

thierry14henry, these things are already decided before hand. They don´t discuss it during the match. Pep says the penalty takers are Messi and Eto'o so that's how it is. Messi takes most of the CL penalties, Eto'o takes the Liga one's (although sometimes they take turns)

Messi takes the penalties because he is excellenet at them .. simple as. It's about the team not about the player. If I'm going to use your argument, then we might as well let Valdés take the penalties, it´s not everyday that a goalkeeper scores. :roll:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

And how about Puyol then, guy that earned it in the first place. ;)

F

FCB_Titi_LB

thierry14henry,
i'm also a big henry fan but i think it wouldn't be right if titi got the hat trick.
Last time he had one he played very nice and deserved the 3 goals...now he did very good but not stunning. Getting a hat trick by taking a penalty he had no action in....

Last time in news reports "King Henry ...hat trick"
This time it wouldn't have been King Henry :)

Exactly i find it superb that eto o got the chance to get even with henry (same amount of goals) so that eto o feels confident again and the team spirit stays great.
I don't know if u have seen it guys but eto o asked if henry would like to take ...he shaked his head and let eto o take it.

Thats team spirit my friends, as it should be. Thats the source of this teams succes!
All world class players....+rotation and let everybody join the feast....especially when all are performing great.

Hi btw:)

are you the one from Youtube with all the special match movies about henry?
If yes,respect :)

Btw, i've read some bad comments about T.Henry ... i can't understand this. FCB should be grateful to have Henry...what a world class player...is he as fast as in the old days? No. He still has his skills though. Very few players can what he can. He has creative insights too.
Respect the player !:)

maz

I walk the line

I think eto'o actually asked henry "ur not going to bitch and sulk if i take the penalty, are u titi?". To which henry shook his head.

:lol:

I agree with u though...there was no need for henry to score his 3rd goal. He hasnt taken a single penalty at fcb (unless my memory is failing me) so i dont see why he should start now just to earn the hattrick. Not to mention it was against an outfield player in goal. He was not a 'hattrick hero' last night.

By the way, welcome fcb_titi. Good to have u here..introduce yourself in the welcome section (its at the top of the main index).

And thierry14henry, he scored a hattrick against valencia at the camp nou. He already has stacks of confidence. Scoring a penalty against the outfield keeper wouldnt have earnt him the extra support u are claiming it would have. The fans are cheering him, he is playing well and scoring, pep has faith in him, he enjoys playing with his teammates, he has a new girlfriend. I dont see why he needs any more confidence..

thierry14henry

nice to meet u fcb_titi

First, I am not the one that made the videos of henry in youtube

Second, I did not mean to make an argument but I just THOUGHT Henry should have taken the penalty

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He is in the nice form but the truth is he isn`t getting any younger so I`d consider it

Home of Barca Fans