Thierry Henry

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Can somebody go and CPR or French wingboy?

Cause I'm afraid he's dying, so less news about him these days.

Moe

powered by;
:lol::lol: he's been training lately and shouldve featured in yesterdays game.. so i expect him to be back against Osasuna

Monte-Barça

Ziga-Zagar
"The French striker will get green light from medical team today or tomorrow after overcoming two injuries and he can play against Osasuna."

Mundo Deportivo

Great news, from two weeks to month, glad it's over. :2145960713mundoemot

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Indeed, It feels like he is drinking wine the whole day out of the Champions League cup instead of training.

zanela

This season so far, we get him fit & he goes gets injured playing for his national side...Now, he is ready to play, but in 2 weeks time he 'll be again gone for the play-offs :icon_confused:

TEKNYK

Castrol Rankings rate Thierry Henry world's No.1 soccer player

MOVE over Ronaldo - not to mention Torres, Messi and Gerrard. They all have their supporters to be considered the most influential player in the world but one man now has the statistics to be able to make that claim authoritatively.
Step forward Thierry Henry - World Cup winner, EPL champion, Champions League victor, and now rated the most effective player of the past 12 months.

Henry, whose second season at Barcelona after he left Arsenal saw them win a unique treble of the Spanish league and cup and then the Champions League, heads a list of players from the Catalan club dominating the first listings from the Castrol Rankings, a FIFA-endorsed analysis system launched yesterday in the Spanish capital.

The rankings are based on a highly advanced technology that measures every pass, every tackle and every single move of over 2,000 players and games, covering the top five leagues in Europe and the Champions League, updated monthly, and they point to a possible shift in the balance of power across Europe. Nine of the top 20 players play in Spain's La Liga, while just five - Torres (5th), Nemanja Vidic (12th), Frank Lampard (14th), Steven Gerrard (17th), and Emmanuel Adebayor (18th) - are from the EPL.

It marks a remarkable return to form for a player seen to be treading water towards the end of his time at Arsenal, but who now at 32 seems if anything at the height of his powers.

Barcelona's attacking trident of Henry, Lionel Messi and Samuel Eto - the latter pair second and sixth respectively on the rankings - produced an astonishing tally of 100 goals between them as the Spanish giants swept all before them last season.

The number of Barcelona players in the rankings is testament to that, with defenders Gerard Pique, Rafael Marquez and Carles Puyol all making the top 10.

Cristiano Ronaldo has to accept third on the back of his achievements with Manchester United - beaten by Barcelona in last year's Champions League final - and, since his $160m transfer, for Real Madrid so far this season.

Liverpool's Fernando Torres comes in fifth, with the figures underpinning the rankings showing that he converts a remarkable 22 per cent of the chances he receives for Liverpool.

Thierry Henry’s efforts in front of goal are what have made him the stand-out player of the last year. The French international scored five goals and provided three assists during Barca’s successful Champions League campaign and has contributed a further 18 goals and eight assists in La Liga during the 12-month period all of which have helped him become the world’s best performing player.

The key to Henry’s success has been the accuracy of his shooting with the forward finding the target with an impressive 70% of his shots compared to an average of 42% across the five main European leagues.

The irony of there being five Barcelona players in the top 10 of a system launched in Madrid, home of their their fiercest rivals, was not lost on Real's Cristiano Ronaldo, a Castrol Global Ambassador who admitted he is now gunning for Henry and determined to claim top spot for himself soon. “The Castrol Rankings is the ranking that every player wants to top,” said the Portuguese winger. “If you can be number one on the Castrol Rankings there can be no arguments, as it is based on fact, not opinion. That’s why I’m aiming for the number one spot – to prove I’m the best!”

see full list here: http://www.castrolfootball.com/rankings/rankings/

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
This sounds like the same sort of logic used to prove Cesc is better than Iniesta.

Not discrediting Henry's though, this definitely showed that he still can be an extremely efficient player.

Interista

Henry's great but :lol:. Just by going through their website for 10 minutes I can conclude their system is deeply flawed. For instance look at Ibra's stats who's 49 on the list just behind Filippo Inzaghi :D. If that wasn't already funny, against Sporting Gijon he got an amazing 1580 points, a match he truthfully was quite avarage in apart from the goal, but according to the stats, his best match for Barca. Against Atletico Madrid where he started showing some progress and also scored a goal, he got 579.

I can buy that he was better against Gijon because he barely touched the ball, and therefore never lost it and scored on his only chance, as opposed to against Atletico where he saw more of the ball and dropped it more. But in no way was he worth almost three times as many points against Gijon.

Interestingly they don't disclose the stats for each players, just the points they earn. And they also don't say how many points each players earn for losing the ball, or misplacing a pass. They do however say that each goal is worth the same number of points, which is stupid, and I can't find any information regarding how many points is earaned for a goal. Also scoring goals in La Liga is worth more than scoring goals in the Premier League, and scoring goals in the Bundesliga is worth more than the Serie A. How's that for comedy?

Because they don't disclose the stats of each players, just the points the earn, I wouldn't be surprised if they rigged the system to benefit their new poster boy. Stats don't mean all that much in the first place, but their system of doing it is clearly way too flawed to be taken even a little bit seriously.

Fatboy

Of all stupid rankings, this one has got to be the stupidest. No wonder the stupidest player likes it: “The Castrol Rankings is the ranking that every player wants to top. If you can be number one on the Castrol Rankings there can be no arguments, as it is based on fact, not opinion. That’s why I’m aiming for the number one spot to prove I’m the best!”/C. Ronaldo

Necro Spaaw

NeSaVlaDiV
yea well it's not to be taken seriously, really.. it's just fun.. I mean LUCA TONY IS NUMBER EIGHT :D

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans