Thierry Henry

Evil

Shabazz
it's stupid to think that way. for one. I think he was robbed. but that's besides my point.
I'm trying to say that I have my own eyes, my own brain and mind to decide on what I see. Noone needs to tell me who is the best or more skilled or more beautiful on the pitch.. I can and always will decide that for myself. A title to me means as little as the path of a player means alot.. it's the uniqueness of path that really counts. it all comes down to taste, really, and Henry for me is a phenomenom of class, beauty, skill, attitude and pure awesomeness that no1 can take away from him in my eyes.. He is my favourite player to ever play the game.. He is just something else.. one of those things, a reason that makes you love to turn the TV on, grab yourself a cold beer out of the fridge, and give urself in to a beautiful serenade of football magic. All guns blazing and GL on the Inter game TiTi!!!!!

:party00231:

No one's is telling you how to think, and at the same time you can't tell me I think in a stupid way because I think Ronaldo in his prime was better than Henry at his prime. That's just how I see it.

B

beautifulgame

I feel bad for people who decide the quality of the player is based on how many championships his team won... thats pretty pathetic. So considering how Messi has played, and he keeps it up for a few more years, if he stuck with Barcelona and they never won a bunch of titles he wouldn't be considered one of the greats?! Hmmm.

Ronaldinho, whether he only had 3 good years or not, while he was in his prime he was almost untouchable, unique and brought pure joy/beauty to almost every game he played. Henry scored some great goals, but he didn't have the presence on the field Ronaldinho had. To me I look at a footballer individually, and individually as great as Henry's career was with Arsenal, he is not the player Ronaldinho was. Saying the EPL is the most competitive league also makes me "lol". Thanks for that :lol:

Now saying Henry was a better player than the Brasilian Ronaldo....thats the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard, ever. You have to have a chronic history of Meth abuse to believe that. Despite his injuries, he still had an amazing career and won plenty of titles...to those who care. Never has there been a player so untouchable and dominating on the field, never. Henry scored some great goals. He made quick decision goals happen out of no where and scored a ton of goals from good service. But to me, he was mostly that, a service player. He was a CF who sat infront of the net and had an amazing vision for goal. Ronaldo played beautiful soccer, great team player and vison with others, made his own opportunities while always deadly infront of the net. The most consistent goal scorer in history up there with Pele (can't compare them because they played in very different times), but he did much more than score goals, its how he did it. The only way to stop him was to take him down, and he DID NOT go down easy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0P8gvCJc00&feature=related

That link is a taste of how he played. Its as if it didnt matter who he was playing against. He didn't see players, just objects with numbers on the back of their shirts.

Well done. I agree.

Necro Spaaw

NeSaVlaDiV
No one's is telling you how to think, and at the same time you can't tell me I think in a stupid way because I think Ronaldo in his prime was better than Henry at his prime. That's just how I see it.

Ofcourse.. It wasn't directed at you, sorry if it seemed that way.. Taste, really ;)

Necro Spaaw

NeSaVlaDiV
yep.. today wasn't his day.. he is clearly still not fit enough altho he improved in the second half.. he needs more time to get in shape.

V

Valon

He was the worst performer but in the first half he should've gotten the ball more often IMO. Ibra and Messi seemed to play on the right flank most of the time and ignoring him on couple occasions.

ryuken

Why bother to pass him during the 1st half, he sux during the whole 1st half, any ball given to him would ended up lost.

Miggy

Mr Lover Man
He(Henry) said that he was angry at being subbed. He felt Maicon was getting tired and he was starting to get the better of him. I totally agree, he was shite first half but started making runs and getting balls across in the second. Pep should have taken off Keita for Iniesta. It was the safe move(Iniesta for Henry), but we should have been more adventurous as Inter had no midfield in the second half.

mobster_1930

Keita is the who should be subbed. Henry is very predictable. We should play with 2 CF (Henry and Ibra) with Iniesta being winger. Henry still never get used to be winger, he could be deadly as CF. It's really time to bring Bojan slowly to first 11 and start benching Henry if he continues to play like this. He would be totally different as CF imo.

gee, I think you guys are being a little harsh on Thierry. First real game back, not to mention a CL game Against Inter Milan away. Give him 2-3 games when he will find hes touch back, it was hes first game back since the final. Every other player has been playing in the league etc, had more game under their belt then titi. Very critical guys, a bit disapointing on the fans half.

Just like when he first came here, he was not as sharp, everyone was hating him, then he found hes touch and started playing some brilliant football, then all of a sudden you were loving him. Now hes first game back, was not hes best but he was not bad by any means, he put in quiet a few good balls which we should of converted.

If Messi decides to pass a bit more rather then try an take the whole team on and shoot, Titi was making some good runs and being completly ignored by ibra an messi, how are you ment to get confidence and your touch back when your own team mates do not pass to you????

ffs stop being so critical an support him!!!!

Evil

Shabazz
He had a crappy start, and when he was finally finding his legs and getting into the game he was off. Hope he'll find his scoring boots soon.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Just like when he first came here, he was not as sharp, everyone was hating him, then he found hes touch and started playing some brilliant football, then all of a sudden you were loving him. Now hes first game back, was not hes best but he was not bad by any means, he put in quiet a few good balls which we should of converted.

ffs stop being so critical an support him!!!!
I have always been a Titi fan, probably always will be. Fucking hell, I even run around with an avatar of him.

He was next to Abidal in terms of badness yesterday. Can happen. He gets paid a lot so he gets the shit if he doesn't perform. But that doesn't mean I don't support him.

Home of Barca Fans