Thierry Henry

Evil

Shabazz
Re: 14 - Thierry Henry

He made the cross for Keita´s goal, but that´s the least he could do after missing two very easy chances after going one on one with the keeper. At times I wished we just had the left wing spot empty. Other than that cross he was completey useless, lost posession too many times, and could have easily bagged himself 2 or 3 goals. It´s about time Pep starts using Hleb or Bojan.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

He looks quite happy whit himself. That`s what irritates me the most

Evil

Shabazz

He can be happy all he wants, the fact won´t change that he SUCKS, he does´nt have that shooting accuracy anymore, and he does´nt run enough, plus he´s using up valuable playing time which players like Bojan could really use. (He only had like 5 minutes to play, and he almost scored from that header which smashed the crossbar)
Give him a full match and Im sure he would keep Henry on the bench till the end of the season.

M

murphydhino

I think henry should leave Barcelona next season.He is not the type of player we need.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

Changed our game for the better once he came on. Maybe we were too fast to dismiss him.

M.L. King

The Preacher

I was pretty taken aback by his performance as well. This is what I was talking about in the other thread. Rest him, give him something to work on, boost his confidence, increase his work, the results will come. I hope this isn't a mayfly.

M

Messidona

finally people that agree with me..its not that he has worsened.. if you watch the prem like i do as well.. th14 cannot compete against the more defensively savvy primera teams.. torres said it.. epl defenders are dodgy..look at cr7.. he can only score against horrible teams in the prem... th14 was accustomed to the through ball played through to him which could have worked as the epl defences played such a high line.. this does not happen in the primera where the defenders sit more deeply.. its like when he is faced with a defender he has one move... push to the line and run behind it which normally results in either a corner or a poor pass... we did not pay 24mm for that... i never liked him at arsenal

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

Henry played his 100th Champions league game yesterday. And it was his 46th goal in that competition. Pretty amazing record, well done

FCBNOF

Momo un Bello Uomo

That would be fascinating (yucky spelling! :p )

He'll give 130% in the CL because he knows that barca is his last chance to win it.

Evil

Shabazz

Henry plays better in the CL, even last season if you guys remember how he played against Man U, he was a diffrent player taking shots from far, and going through defense.

Bojan for La Liga, and Henry for CL :cool:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

We`re stuck with him, so mind as well hope for the best.
Next season, though, I expect us to search for another left wing/forward.
Definitely someone with a good shot (we really lack it in our AMCs). Preferably someone who can play with both legs. So Capel and Guardado are out, imo.

Home of Barca Fans