Thierry Henry

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Bergkamp was sublime but Henry was better. Them together was just :worthy: Henry's the best player I've seen for Arsenal in my lifetime but my Dad and Grandad both say Liam Brady is Arsenal's best player of all time.

Ed that's rubbish. Henry is arguably our best player of all time. He's carried us at times. He was to us what Messi is to Barcelona now. As for his leadership, we got to our only CL final under his leadership so he can't be that bad.

Well I may be biased mate because I've never rated his leadership and character.

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
henry is probably the best player to play in the PL besides maybe ronaldo but him not winning the CL when the team was awesome is a blemish on his record...before barca was a superpower gooners should have at least reached 1 final with viera and henry on the same team

Bergkamp10

henry is probably the best player to play in the PL besides maybe ronaldo but him not winning the CL when the team was awesome is a blemish on his record...before barca was a superpower gooners should have at least reached 1 final with viera and henry on the same team

That's true. Wenger's fault entirely though, our squad just ran out of steam towards the end of the season.

I still think Henry was the best EPL player of all time because of the amount of goals he created as well as scored. Ronaldo scored an incredible amount of goals but Henry just edges it because of his all round play. Also, Henry did in the league for a longer period of time.

Last edited:

Bergkamp10

Keane is a good shout. Giggs for me is great for how long he's been able to play at such a high level but there have much better players than him in the league. I'd also argue that Pires at his peak was a superior player. But Pires is my favourite player of all time so I'm biased :)

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Oh I'd agree that Pires at his peak was superior to Giggs, but his peak lasted from 02-04. So that kinda rules him out of contention.

Pires was my favourite Arsenal player from the 01-04 era, absolutely loved him as a player.

I have to say Wenger got rid of the old guard way too quickly. Gilberto and Pires had 2-3 years left in them when they departed and that experience definitely would have helped you. Experience does count in football, it always does for me and the lack of it in your team has cost you on many occasions. I mean even if those players drop a level in terms of ability, their game intelligence and knowledge are useful tools in a squad. IMO one of Wenger's biggest mistakes was letting go of them too soon.

Bergkamp10

I agree. The invicible side was broken up way too quickly. We shoud have done all we could to have kept Vieira till the end of his career because his leadership and presence in the dressing room is invaluable. Pires being sold was horrible, I was absolutely gutted. It was towards the end of his career but I think he had a few more years left in him.

Gilberto I don't agree, he was dreadful in his last season and couldn't keep up with the pace of the game.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
1. Giggs
2. Scholes

after that you have a bunch or arguments you can make. I've heard/made great ones for Keane, Henry and Cantona. so I'd go with those 3 to round out the top 5, but Bergkamp is knockin' hard on that door, Vieira's right behind him. gotta give credit to Lampard too, and Cristiano, as well as Rio and Big Sol. and of course the loveable losers Zola and Shearer. and who could forget Le Tiss?

but Scholes is above all them because he's been here (and been awesome) for going on 15 years. awesome + longevity + trophies = hot shit.

but even he's dwarfed by Giggs.

apart from a season each from Pires, Beckham and Overmars, and possibly a season of Robben, Ryan Giggs has been the best winger in the Premier League for two decades.

hell, that's longer than it's even been the Premier League.

and he's scored in every single season, too.

and he's won more League Titles by himself than all but 3 clubs in the 120-year history of English football.

that ain't nothin' ta fuck wit'.

Home of Barca Fans