2011 CL Final: FC Barcelona - Manchester United FC 3-1 - Champions!

Trequartista

The good
-Place:Wembley Stadium,London,United Kingdom
-Time:Saturday 28 May 20:45
-Both teams met in the Champions league finals in 2009 in Rome with Barca winning their third CL trophy by defeating Manchester United 2-0 Goals from Lionel Messi and Samuel Eto'o
-Barcelona's 17th European final in general,winning 3 Champions league Trophies out of the 7 finals they made
-Manchester United's Fourth final,they only lost one final against Barcelona about 2 years ago
-Barcelona won thier first ever Champions league trophy in Wembley by defeating Sampdoria 1-0 in 1992,Goal from Ronald Koeman
-Road to Wembley
Barcelona:
Gruop stages: Topping Group D
Round of 16: Arsenal(ENG) 4-3 Agg
Quarter-Finals: shakhtar donetsk(UKR) 6-1 Agg
Semi-Finals: Real Madrid(SPN) 3-1 Agg
Manchester United:
Group stages: Topping group C
Round of 16: Marseille(FRN) 2-1 Agg
Quarter-Finals: Chelsea(ENG) 3-1 Agg
Semi-Finals: Shalke(GRM) 6-1 Agg
-Discuss,first match thread let's hope it brings luck!

Last edited:

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Tough game going to be hard to break down Utd's defense with Rio & Vidic but i'm confident as i feel Barca are the better team, i'll go with a 1-0 to Barca & hope for a great game!

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Most worthy adversary to Barca for a CL Final, IMO...United have looked quite good in the last month or so, IMO

Corb

Special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
And now is when tones of new ManU users will breed like mushrooms.

M

mitkoa7x

I am confident that we will prevail. United is strong, probobly the strongest Barca will face, but the boys have prooven they are the best and expect them to show it once again at the 28th.
Visca Barca!!!

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
I actually think Madrid was the strongest we will have faced this season. Not taking anything away from Man U but I think we got this. Either way this is going to be a great game of footy and im looking forward to it.

Richard.H

I actually think Madrid was the strongest we will have faced this season. Not taking anything away from Man U but I think we got this. Either way this is going to be a great game of footy and im looking forward to it.

Agree but you never know. We can be caught on a bad day and it's only a one match draw so in reality the best team doesn't necessarily win all the time (example: Copa Del Rey).

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
Yeah this being a winner takes all match makes it harder. Especially with SAF being the opposing coach. But I have supreme faith in Pep and the boys. I really see them going all out for once. I can't wait to see Messi in this final...I see him doing some big things.

Blaugrana dude

We should wrap the league up quickly, so Pep can rest players for the final. Seeing how tight the PL title race is, Utd will probably have to field in strong sides until the very last day of the season. In any case its 60/40 for me in Barca's favor.

Home of Barca Fans