Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
BytL3TJIgAAcOVC.jpg

Blanc, Pep and Lucho side by side

khaled_a_d

Baia, Nadal, Popescu, Blanc, Pep, Lucho
Giovanni, Ronaldo, Amor, Sergi, Figo

And even missing Hristo, De la Pena, Couto, Pizzi..
Those were Galacticos before Galacticos.
Shame Bobby was no match for it.

Historically speaking .prior to Perez and him and his meda using the term Galacticos we were always the true club of Galacticos .In fact we were always pride of being superstar players team who play entertaining football with RM saying they are the club of trophies in return

Leo_Messi

Historically speaking .prior to Perez and him and his meda using the term Galacticos we were always the true club of Galacticos .In fact we were always pride of being superstar players team who play entertaining football with RM saying they are the club of trophies in return

Not really. This depends on the era discussed. In the 1950's and most of the 1960's RM were famed for buying the best players that money could buy. In that period they cemented their position as a legendary club.

FCB first really started buying prolific star players after Cruyff (1973) was bought. With the exception of the 3 Hungarian stars (Kubala, Kocsis & Czibor) in the late 1950's and early 1960's. The policy of buying well-established stars intensified after José Luis Núñez became the president in 1978. Of course FCB always (almost) had talented and well-known individuals since the 1950's but RM were ahead on this front in the 1950's and 1960's. Arguably in the 1970's as well if we look past Cruyff.

When Pérez won the elections for the first time in 2000 he instigated a return to the 1950's and 1960's where RM were buying the best players. Since then that ideology has sticked to RM. So it's not really something that Pérez invented. I would rather say that he revived the policy that made RM a legendary club back in the 1950's.

Overall both FCB and RM are probably the two clubs with the most prolific transfers throughout history.

anguy

Baia, Nadal, Popescu, Blanc, Pep, Lucho
Giovanni, Ronaldo, Amor, Sergi, Figo
And even missing Hristo, De la Pena, Couto, Pizzi..

Yeah, that team was amazing. Much better than Ajax v2 under LVG, especially much more attractive football. It's pity this team fell apart after just one season.

i_bleed_blaugrana

First off,

:mou:

glad he's outta the way haha.

I unfortunately didn't get to see the Chelsea game live but I just finished it up and hats off to Laurent, he fully deserved this victory and its massive for him. It was never easy taking on a project like this at PSG especially picking up after Ancelotti but they played with their hearts and minds out there and you could see both teams really reflecting their coaches out there. Epic game, its why we all love this shit.

:worthy:

That team really is epic and its soo funny that that particular photo happens to have all three of them standing right next to each other. I'd love it if they all get to play each other at some point in the season. Lucho and Laurent had their bout, but Pep will push them both to their limits and it would be a spectacle of football. Bayern's demolition, albeit with a man advantage and at home, of Shaktar was awe-inspiring. Now its time for us to put on a show against City and force the English press mob to eat their words and realize all there teams are still ordinary on the European stage now.

BytL3TJIgAAcOVC.jpg

Blanc, Pep and Lucho side by side

Just a few side thoughts too on the photo, great post Bojan!

So many legends and people influencing the game right now in this entire...

Eyes of a killer, el fenomeno. TBH, he could have put up the same kind of numbers Messi and Dramaldo do now had he stayed healthier and fitter, especially with the advancement in sports medicine and nutrition recently. Had a lot of niggling injuries that just dragged him down unfortunately, similar story to Kaka.

Also worth mentioning that, if I recall correctly, a certain Portuguese translator should be sitting on the bench while this photo is getting snapped lol.

Which brings me full circle.

:mou:

BYE BYE CHELSEA!

Thanks Laurent! :cheers:

Devils

Rumored to be the preferred choice for taking over the manager position next season.

#LaurentLegion we have arrived.

Vilarrubi

Wasn’t he terrible with PSG?

No wonder the board wants him, played a season for us so..... “bArCa DnA” :crbust: :bartomeu:

Andresito

Staff member
Our board just shooting from the hip without any plan. He played for Barca and has managed a big team, automatic success, right?

Home of Barca Fans