Classico Overdose

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
This was to be expected, but I think I had a classico overdose. I just want the final match to be played and get it over with. I want the season to end so we can get on with this shit because it is one thing to lose, it is one thing to play a boring match and it is a whole another thing when both clubs reach levels of sillyness.

Mourinho is a wind up merchant but so long as he backed it up with some sort of football I was okay with it. I was okay with a few sneaky comments because it spiced up the encounters. He has every right to be himself, just like any other manager. The reply from Pep was also tolerable, I mean the guy never loses his cool but when he did, it was hardly very offensive, in fact it was quite effective and dramatic enough to lead to the classico.

Except, it has trickled down to the players, up to the presidents and worse yet, to the official websites. I understand when players get physical and emotional, I mean at the end of the day with over a billion watching, with so much going back and forth, it really boils down to players who are in their early twenties, meaning they are barely mature adults. There was a point when players took advantage of a slight tackle, took advantage of a situation to milk a decision but both players are now creating a situation, trying to instigate shit and I just wonder where did all this come from?

I am actually feeling a little disgusted with the behavior of the players, from diving, stomping, exaggeration, instigating, and so forth. Physical play is one thing, it gets punished during play. I don't endorse it or like it, but there is something to be done about it. However, both clubs have went beyond that.

Though, they are the least to blame, I can't imagine keeping a cool head in a match like this. Not when I am mid twenties. Which brings me to my next point. It is clear that both managers have not been watching their mouth in the dressing room. Mourinho always talked smack in the media, but I never felt like he fed that crap to his own players. Not with Chelsea, surely not with Inter. As a Madridista and as someone who appreciate Mourinho to the fullest, I'd have to ask him where are the days when you convinced Makalele he was 10ft tall? Where is the Mourinho that convinced Inter Milan after 46 years of Europan failure to make it past the three champions of the top three leagues?

But it seems that he has been practicing his speaches with his players. Players like Ramos, Arbeloa, Lass, Di Maria, Ozil, Benzema, Gago, Canales, Pedro, Albiol, Marcelo, Garay, Khedira, Granero are all young players who need confidence and need drive more so than anything else. They aren't as experienced as Casillas or Xabi who can collect themselves. Fragile players who need catering and guidance more so than anything else, surely not bitterness.

The same goes for Barcelona. For Busquets to do fake injuries again, or Pedro, who has just blossemed, to insitgate shit, you'd have to wonder if they have been disciplined during training. Pique is another big mouth but if he thinks he is Xavi, Pique never went through a 6 year drought, nor a two year injury recovery period, he didn't reform the game as we know it and he sure as hell did not lead the team through the toughest moments like Puyol did who had stuck to the club without winning anything until the age of 26.

The managers need to speak with their younger players, because if this behavior continues, we are headed into an intolerable decade. When Madrid wopped Barcelona's ass, it was based on merit. When Barcelona mopped the floor with Madrid, it was because they played football. Now, I do not enjoy a win, nor embrace a loss.

Next in line are the Captains/leaders. We have two kinds. We have the captains and leaders. Xavi and Xabi have not been setting a good example themselves. They are the first to complain, like right away, almost the first ones in line to a fight. Then you have the captains, Puyol and Casillas. The first one was surely missed, and the latter has been quite. Puyol has missed football and missed the action so he gets overwhelmed during a situation that he forgets his primary role of calming the team down. Something I highly appreciated about him, he was the first to dress down the likes of Pique. Casillas might as well be a mute.

Finally, upper management. Rossel betting a 5-0 win? To be fair, its hilarious when you think about it but the situation was the worst. Official complaints about Real Madrid and their coach? Real Madrids website becoming Marca? WTF?????

Seriously, this is not even going into tactics or results or refereeing decisions. This is just me venting out on the approach to these Classicos from both teams and I am not being baised. I don't want this thread to turn into behavior justificaton or blame game. Because I don't want to hear who started, who deserved what they got and what not. This is about unacceptable behavior from the staff of Madrid and Barcelona, alike. If we are ever to play that many games again in that short span, I surely don't want to experience the same events again (not talking about results).

I hope this also ends the constant senseless shit on the board among the members. It is becoming unbearable.

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
i) Firstly , You will throw mud towards our Club , our tactics , our Coach and you believe we will say " I beg you Jose , don`t say it " ???? No , Your dream is Over - you heard what Pep said .& You got your answer on the field .

ii) Secondly , the way Madrid is playing it was simple dirty football - What are we supposed to do ? Take your tackles ? get injured and say bye bye to our Competitions ??? No , You played dirty , we gave you dirty . Fire with Fire . Not a single unjust . ( Read what your own Golden Player C.Ronaldo said about your fashion of playing ) .

iii) Classico overdose ???? Change the tittle - Madridista Overdose .

Last edited:

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
Scum Mourinho can definitely be at Spain and can manage any Club he wants to if hired , but he shouldn`t have acted in a scumly manner .

W

woobie

Some people don't seem to be getting the point of raed's initial post. A pity.

W

woobie

The namecalling and general shrillness that's going on in this thread - after a nicely reasoned and balanced initial post - is really disheartening. I suppose it would be too much to ask to ask folks to calm things down. This nastiness is doing nobody any good.

Home of Barca Fans