Classico Overdose

ricknattery

ricknattery, you blame me for putting both Barcelona and Madrid in the same bracket yet I never asked Barcelona players to indulge in any questionable behavior. The same questionable behavior you criticize Madrid for.

i blame mourinho for taking this rivalry so far as to introduce conspirations theories that clearly discredit all of Barca's accomplishments with this magnificent team, and RM for supporting him, well not the club in itself, I blame Florentino Perez for that

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Taking part of it means you are accountable, who is more accountable is a function of time because things build up from both sides back and forth. To pin it on a certain date or incident is disrespectful to the entire history of the rivalry.

Regardless of all incidents that happened in the past, it does not change the fact that both clubs have participated in disappointing behavior which I do not accept above all else.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Where did I claim that Mourinho wasn't the one who started this? I am disappointed that you understood me this way, but more disappointed in myself for not articulating properly.

I apologize for implying that, but you are trying to equalize the actions of Madrid and Barcelona. That sort of pacifist stance is much easier to take when it was your club that provoked this level.

If we want to go back further, there's plenty of incidents you can blame Madrid for. Nobody is saying the rivalry was started by Madrid. When talking about incidents this season, what happened with Schuster, Eto'o, Figo, Lucho, etc. is only marginally relevant.

The only figure right now directly tied to previous incidents is Florentino Perez. For all Calderon did wrong, him (and Laporta) seemed to actively limit the hate between the two clubs when things started to get out of hand. Rosell certainly isn't helping things, but it seems that wherever Florentino Perez goes, this sort of drama comes with him.

Mourinho has nothing to do with Eto'o saying "Madrid, cabron, etc." Pep was never a shit stirrer as a player and never talked like that about Pellegrini. Bringing up Francisco Franco or Xavi bitching to a ref 5 years ago is completely irrelevant.

Last edited:

ricknattery

Taking part of it means you are accountable, who is more accountable is a function of time because things build up from both sides back and forth. To pin it on a certain date or incident is disrespectful to the entire history of the rivalry.

Regardless of all incidents that happened in the past, it does not change the fact that both clubs have participated in disappointing behavior which I do not accept above all else.

There have been atrocius incidents between both clubs mainly happening in the heat of the moment. That's football too, it's a part I don't enjoy that much, but happens in any of the big rivalries throughout the world. Mourinho takes it to a whole new level by inciting more hatred between both clubs because the statements he released were not in the heat of the moment and his accusations cannot be taken lightly

Frequency

I think we all know Mou went to far, but I have to agree with Raed (a very good post, btw).
We should stop pointing fingers and saying Madrid played dirty. So did we. It was sad to watch Pedro, Busquets and Alves, you can't agree with what they were doing. It's a disgrace and even though I love those players, I have to admit that. Don't try to apologize it by saying Madrid did the same. We were probably even worse, and there's nothing that gives you the right to make football game into a theather.
What happened afterwards is a real shame, I understand Mou has a big mouth, but what he said was simply wrong, subjective, absurd and not fair.
But I hate the fact that the whole thing reminds me of children, trying to apologize their actions by that stupid excuse - ''He started.''

We are no saints, nobody can ask us to be. I love being a Barca supporter and I adore this club, no matter what happens. But some people went to far by claming Mou is the only one that did something wrong. We can't just pretend we played a fair football, nor that we did everything else correct. I'm not saying Mou isn't the most guilty in that case. I'm simply saying that dirty tricks, running to the ref & pressuring him, accusing and pointing fingers is not the right thing to do either.

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
I apologize that this rivalry has cost you an eye already. Shame. Hang in there pirate.
:lol: :rofl1: actually it is barca who is at fault no doubt....if we were not soo awesome madrid would have have to resort such dirty tactics

ricknattery

I think we all know Mou went to far, but I have to agree with Raed (a very good post, btw).
We should stop pointing fingers and saying Madrid played dirty. So did we. It was sad to watch Pedro, Busquets and Alves, you can't agree with what they were doing. It's a disgrace and even though I love those players, I have to admit that. Don't try to apologize it by saying Madrid did the same. We were probably even worse, and there's nothing that gives you the right to make football game into a theather.
What happened afterwards is a real shame, I understand Mou has a big mouth, but what he said was simply wrong, subjective, absurd and not fair.
But I hate the fact that the whole thing reminds me of children, trying to apologize their actions by that stupid excuse - ''He started.''

We are no saints, nobody can ask us to be. I love being a Barca supporter and I adore this club, no matter what happens. But some people went to far by claming Mou is the only one that did something wrong. We can't just pretend we played a fair football, nor that we did everything else correct. I'm not saying Mou isn't the most guilty in that case. I'm simply saying that dirty tricks, running to the ref & pressuring him, accusing and pointing fingers is not the right thing to do either.

Agree with this.
I'd be happy if Busquets, Alves and Pedro don't play in Camp Nou but also if Marcelo, Adebayor, Arbeloa and Lass don't play as well. That was a war and there should be fallen in battle

Blaugrana dude

I actually agree with Raed to an extent. But my comment above reflects what I think, that Mourinho does share a good portion of the "blame" for the intensity of the current classicos. I know Schuster ran his mouth on occasions, but I felt Mourinho went further. First by questioning the integrity of Pep and then by questioning the integrity of the club itself by implying that the team had cheated their way to victory. Those accusations are very unfair and personal. And then of course is the encouraging of his players to kick and bulldoze Barca players. Well thats how I feel anyhow.

Of course I don't subscribe to the idea that Barcelona is completely blameless. The diving and whining on Wednesday and Rosell's arrogant prediction, which backfired big time, should attest to that. Personally I'm just glad that the Classicos are finally coming to an end as they are becoming distasteful.

F

Flavia

All this is Mourinho's fault, for his rant post-match. What did Pep say last year, after we got out of cl to inter, having a legit goal disallowed? Nothing. Mourinho should take it like a man. He's rm coach, and was playing, at home, for a draw. Pepe makes stupid tackles like that all the time. It was not the ref's fault rm lost. Mourinho's the one who instructed his team to play like that. Now, Barcelona only responded off pitch after mourinho's rant. Accusing Pep of having a tainted cl and all his other whinning. If that hadn't happened, things would be calmer. Even with all the diving, milking, fouling and everything else. If rm had another coach, I bet things wouldn't have gotten out of hand like they are now.

XaviMessiGirl

Yeah okay, Mou started this whole thing more or less. BUT honestly why couldn't we just be the bigger "person" and not react to stuff like that? I know how intense the rivalry is and whatnot, and plus we had a history with Mou before he came to Madrid, but this is seriously making our club look like trash. It's hurting the image of our club. Madrid are far from innocent of course but our response to their provoking is not good. Traditionally we have been the classy club but it doesn't look so right now.

People who hated us before hate us even more now except this time I understand why. It's impossible to justify stuff like Busquets and Alves diving constantly, half our squad chasing after the refs at every little thing, and (if it's true) the racist remark by Busquets. I mean really? Part of supporting a club is being able to defend them through thick and thin, but when shit like this happens, it's plain sad when you feel you can't.

UEFA_Barça_Chris

o Fenômeno
Yeah okay, Mou started this whole thing more or less. BUT honestly why couldn't we just be the bigger "person" and not react to stuff like that? I know how intense the rivalry is and whatnot, and plus we had a history with Mou before he came to Madrid, but this is seriously making our club look like trash. It's hurting the image of our club. Madrid are far from innocent of course but our response to their provoking is not good. Traditionally we have been the classy club but it doesn't look so right now.

People who hated us before hate us even more now except this time I understand why. It's impossible to justify stuff like Busquets and Alves diving constantly, half our squad chasing after the refs at every little thing, and (if it's true) the racist remark by Busquets. I mean really? Part of supporting a club is being able to defend them through thick and thin, but when shit like this happens, it's plain sad when you feel you can't.
well, as long mourinho is with madrid everything will be controversial and violent from both clubs IMO. Imagine if mourinho was not coach but we faced in four clasicos at the same time? would there be less fights? less accusations? I really don't know if you ask me. some RM players are violent naturally. Mourinho is indeed a bad influence to a player's attitude PERIOD.

Home of Barca Fans