Classico Overdose

ricknattery

Dont try and put Barcelona and Real Madrid(as clubs) in the same sack.
Barcelona did nothing "silly" by sueing mourinho, what is silly is to complain to UEFA for the theatrics when it's clearly a defense-mechanism against the dirty tactics from mou
Barcelona did look for a FOOTBALL game, mourinho wanted a battle field
blame mou and don't put both clubs in the same sack

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
Excellent post, the Classicos have indeed been sickening

I have said before they started that 4 games is just an overkill, and apparently that's exactly what it turned out to be...

ricknattery

incredible that people continue blaming the overdose of games and not the person who has turned the most expected game in europe into a battle field

W

woobie

Is that as incredible as people missing the point of the initial post in this thread?

Xavi_78

Is that as incredible as people missing the point of the initial post in this thread?

But can you can really stay cool when Mou said yesterday that all of Peps achievments are worthless and undeserved? This is not only degenerating and insulting our coach but also all of our players. How do you expect the board to react?

Messi__10

4 classico's at such short notice is just to much. It isn't fun anymore, because now it's dirty tactics, diving, comments about everything around the game but not about the game itself. I just want that they are rivals on the pitch, and play football in a fair way! If people want to see a fight they will go see a fight, but they came to see football, than it's both clubs their obligation to give them football.

The sooner the last classico is done the better. Because things are starting to go out of control.

10Messi10

True Barcelonista
But can you can really stay cool when Mou said yesterday that all of Peps achievments are worthless and undeserved? This is not only degenerating and insulting our coach but also all of our players. How do you expect the board to react?

even i really feel like to punch mou's face..cannot imagine about how the players n pep himself feel about this

W

woobie

The board has gone into an orgy of reaction and outrage. It's gotten to be too much and is close to being nearly as nasty as the barbs being traded between Marca and Mundo Deportivo. That was one of the points raed was trying to make (although it seems very few are interested or understood). Like raed, I'm at the point where I don't especially care any more about pointing fingers in one direction or another as I do think there's likely some blame for everyone (though yes, I do think Mourinho instigated it).

La Furia

Legion of Doooom

I agree with most of Raed's post. The cules who are trying to take the absolute moral high ground are making this situation worse. Neither club is a saint.

But where Raed loses me, and the reason posters are "missing the point" as you say, is that he's very clearly implying that Barcelona and Madrid are equally guilty of all the stupid antics that have gone on recently. And to claim that it wasn't Mourinho who started this, and Mourinho who provoked it to this level, is wrong at best and possibly disingenuous. Raed is typically level headed but he's also a Madrid (and Inter) fan and his post reflects his obvious bias.

I'm sick of this, I hated Pep's comments and I think Barcelona's club president's general cluenessness has been a major factor and certain players need to control themselves more. But both sides are not equally guilty and saying that they are is as much self-serving self-righteousness as the clues who try to portray Barcelona as a club of saints.

Last edited:

ricknattery

I agree with most of Raed's post. The cules who are trying to take the absolute moral high ground are making this situation worse. Neither club is a saint.

But where Raed loses me, and the reason posters are "missing the point" as you say, is that he's very clearly implying that Barcelona and Madrid are equally guilty of all the stupid antics that have gone on recently. And to claim that it wasn't Mourinho who started this, and Mourinho who provoked it to this level, is wrong at best and possibly disingenuous. Raed is typically level headed but he's also a Madrid (and Inter) fan and his post reflects his obvious bias.

I'm sick of this, I hated Pep's comments and I think Barcelona's club president's general cluenessness has been a major factor and certain players need to control themselves more. But both sides are not equally guilty and saying that they are is as much self-serving self-righteousness as the clues who try to portray Barcelona as a club of saints.

Perhaps i did not make myself clear, but i agree with all of this

Xavi_78

For me there are two different things:

What happened on the pitch: I think only few cules would disagree that neither team covered themselves in glory here, we have to take our part of the blame (Busi, Pedro, Dani), also Xavi and his antics with refs. I have no problem to admit that.

What happened afterwards: Mou blames the ref (no problem for me), conspiration theories (okay, if he wants to believe that, fine), to downright insult and suel everything our players have achieved in the last year, all the hard work, effort and else to downright dismiss, that just went too far, I am sorry, I can not overlook this

ricknattery

The board has gone into an orgy of reaction and outrage. It's gotten to be too much and is close to being nearly as nasty as the barbs being traded between Marca and Mundo Deportivo. That was one of the points raed was trying to make (although it seems very few are interested or understood). Like raed, I'm at the point where I don't especially care any more about pointing fingers in one direction or another as I do think there's likely some blame for everyone (though yes, I do think Mourinho instigated it).

what can you blame Barcelona of? for the theatrics right, they come as a mechanism-defense against the blatant fouls when the ball is 30 meters away. Madrid as a club has said they totally back Jose's statements. So they accuse Barca of winning trophies by having UEFA on their side, those are serious accusations. Can you blame Barcelona's board for sueing mourinho for that
It's clear we are no saint, but Mourinho and RM(by backing thier coach) has taken all of these to a new level
All I'm saying is you cannot put Barca and Madrid in the same sack, especially when Madrid supports mourinho's claims

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
An eye for an eye makes the world blind. Keep point the finger, keep identifying who started this whole thing, you will not achieve anything.

I have an assignment for most of you. I don't know how long you have been fans for but how about you jot down every incident from both teams for the next 15 years (the length of my footballing interest)? I'd like to see what your notes look like then. I am not a betting man, but I would bet that list would have equal incidents from both clubs. Just so you know, history did not start when Roberto Carlos talked out of his ass every week, nor did it start when Eto'o publicly cursed Madrid, nor was it when Schuster spewed venemous comments, nor did it start when Xavi talked smacked either, and sure as hell not when Mourinho opened his mouth and call himself the special one.

ricknattery, you blame me for putting both Barcelona and Madrid in the same bracket yet I never asked Barcelona players to indulge in any questionable behavior. The same questionable behavior you criticize Madrid for.

Where did I claim that Mourinho wasn't the one who started this? I am disappointed that you understood me this way, but more disappointed in myself for not articulating properly.

Home of Barca Fans