Radamel Falcao

Robbie

A "fox in the box" type player would score 40+ goals a season with Barca. They probably create more chances in a game than any football team in the world.

gingerless

I think you all need to calm down.

From what I have seen of Falcao, he is nothing more than a goalscorer, a poacher, a fox in the box. I don't think I rate his team link up play outside the boxt very highly.

I don't think he is the type of striker Barca needs, I need to see him play more games, but his link up play doesn't seem good enough for Barca. Maybe he would do well at Barca, but just not sure about him.

A new Ruud Van Nistelrooj maybe.

I think Rossi suits Barca so much more than Falcao. Rossi's close control and link up play is top class for an American :lol: I mean Italian. Rossi is the better choice.

sounds like just what we need....

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
A "fox in the box" type player would score 40+ goals a season with Barca. They probably create more chances in a game than any football team in the world.

that's just it, though, everyone assumes that but it's not the case.

if we played with a fox in the box, that means we have to take a player away from elsewhere, which means one less person in the buildup. all three of our forwards are capable of being that kind of fox in the box, especially Pedro, and that's how it has to be. we couldn't accommodate a full-time goal poacher.

and then there's the question of form.

Eto'o was on pace to hit 50/60 goals in 08/09 but strikers ALWAYS lose form at some point in the season. it just happens. hell even Messi and his utterly retarded 52 goals is still less than what he should have. he hit 40 in February! took him 2 months just to score 12 goals. this guy should have SMASHED through Dixie Dean's record, but now he won't get a chance.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Falcao isn't really a poacher though, that guy doesn't know what he's talking about. He played as a midfielder briefly for River FFS. He's not as well rounded as say a Villa is, but he plays much taller than his real height.

I think our Geordie friend is confusing Falcao and Javier Hernandez.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Falcao isn't really a poacher though, that guy doesn't know what he's talking about. He played as a midfielder briefly for River FFS. He's not as well rounded as say a Villa is, but he plays much taller than his real height.

I think our Geordie friend is confusing Falcao and Javier Hernandez.

both Hernandez and Falcao are more than just poachers.

but neither would be the kind of player we need, as they're both at stages in their career where they should be playing regular first-team football.

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
I think Falcao has a better overall game than Chicharito, but the latter is more deadly in front of goal, though not by much...

He will look good in a Barcelona jersey...

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Seriously meta... You think we need a star midfielder to rotate with Xavi and Iniesta, when we more or less are stacked in that department at least are with most numbers in midfield, but not a star striker to rotate in the attack!?

I'm not saying we need one per se... Just that I don't understand your logic. More so because we have like millions of young midfielders ready/on the verge of promotion while not too many for front 3. Also we are far, far more Messi dependant than on any other player in the squad and it is getting me worried

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Seriously meta... You think we need a star midfielder to rotate with Xavi and Iniesta, when we more or less are stacked in that department at least are with most numbers in midfield, but not one to rotate with the strikers!?

in midfield there's two slots to play in and two players that could use rotating every now and again.

up-front Messi doesn't rotate much and if you plug a "star striker" in Pedro's position our whole attack would change. you need to sub Pedro with a winger or midfielder. Geoffren, Afellay, Iniesta, etc. so there's just one position that really is potentially open to rotation.

and like I said, if Villa was 31 going on 32, I'd say we need a "star striker" - but he's 29 going on 30. we need a good striker, a functional reliable striker, but never a "star striker" ffs.

rmpcsl

hey guys we need good players "stars" or not the players that come have to rotate in stick in the bench sometimes
Cesc is the example if he cames next year he will rotate with xaviesta kinda like masc and busq
Why not Pato rotate with MVP? he will play a lot due to our busy schedule.

falcão is a different player then MVP he plays in the center but MVP can rotate themselves kinda like Pato they can play in the right left or center always keeping the defenders in troubles.

in midfield there's two slots to play in and two players that could use rotating every now and again.

up-front Messi doesn't rotate much and if you plug a "star striker" in Pedro's position our whole attack would change. you need to sub Pedro with a winger or midfielder. Geoffren, Afellay, Iniesta, etc. so there's just one position that really is potentially open to rotation.

and like I said, if Villa was 31 going on 32, I'd say we need a "star striker" - but he's 29 going on 30. we need a good striker, a functional reliable striker, but never a "star striker" ffs.
So by your logic we should be looking for a star striker in 2 years time? The fact of the matter is:
1. We still haven't figured out an effective strategy to bust up parked airbuses.
2. We have 0 options if Messi is sidelined for an extended period of time.
3. Villa will be 30 next season
4. We have excellent super-subs in Pedro, afellay & Bojan.

So there's no need go looking for a rotational striker because it doesn't solve for (1) (2) or (3) and given (4) we already have what we're looking for. So to solve for the first three points you need an XI striker, and IMO that should be Pato.

Barcilliant

Pato is too injuiry prone, is not consistent and isnt the physical alternative we need. We should get someone in the mould of Gudjonsen or Larrsen. Both were excellent-especially Larssen.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Pedro is not a super-sub, he's a crucial part of our how trident works. without him we'd be feeling Eto'o's loss so freakin' hard you wouldn't believe it.

Bojan is a future starter. presently a rotational forward though, for sure.

and there is no effective strategy for breaking up a parked bus. THAT IS WHY PEOPLE PARK THE BUS. the best you can hope is to play your own style of football (whatever that is) and take your chances when they come. in all the games we've lost against parked buses, we've always had chances to score and failed to take them. you don't get many when your opponent plays like that, but you do get some, and you must be clinical.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Pedro is not a super-sub, he's a crucial part of our how trident works. without him we'd be feeling Eto'o's loss so freakin' hard you wouldn't believe it.

Bojan is a future starter. presently a rotational forward though, for sure.

and there is no effective strategy for breaking up a parked bus. THAT IS WHY PEOPLE PARK THE BUS. the best you can hope is to play your own style of football (whatever that is) and take your chances when they come. in all the games we've lost against parked buses, we've always had chances to score and failed to take them. you don't get many when your opponent plays like that, but you do get some, and you must be clinical.

Aaaaaa-men.

There is however, one effective strategy for weakening the parked bus. It doesn't work every time but it's the best hope we have.

diving.gif

And you all know it's true.

Home of Barca Fans