Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
37 goals:worthy:

He's sure going to a heavy weight club next season... I'd love it if it's us

Edit :- It's 40 goals it seems:worthy:

Last edited:

Trequartista

The good
tbh I wont mind I would love to spend the whole budget on him,for those who would whine about him sitting on bench he wont sit that much 4 quality players for 3 positions,Bojan on loan and Afellay rotating in midfield and attack,Pedro can play on both flanks,,Villa versatile to play anywhere in attack,Messi can play on the right,was moved in some games against deep lines there with Villa moving centrally where Falcao would be much better

Barcilliant

Falcao is very good but I dont think he'd fit in at Barca. Isnt very involved in the build up-mainly a goal poacher. I woudnt mind him but where would he play?? Also it is not our style to keep swinging crosses in for a target man to head them in. He wouldnt stay on the bench cause other big teams would start him. An EPL side like Man City or Chelsea would probably buy him. Maybe even Real Madrid. Mourinho has pretty good connections with Porto after all.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
He can run onto through balls, that's all that matters. And it's a wrong impression that we don't cross the ball into 'D' we do it too!

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Falcao doesn't fit what we want to do. the best top club for him would be United where he and Hernandez could alternate striking duties.

but really he should stay put.

Birdy

that's just it, though, everyone assumes that but it's not the case.

if we played with a fox in the box, that means we have to take a player away from elsewhere, which means one less person in the buildup. all three of our forwards are capable of being that kind of fox in the box, especially Pedro, and that's how it has to be. we couldn't accommodate a full-time goal poacher.

and then there's the question of form.

Eto'o was on pace to hit 50/60 goals in 08/09 but strikers ALWAYS lose form at some point in the season. it just happens. hell even Messi and his utterly retarded 52 goals is still less than what he should have. he hit 40 in February! took him 2 months just to score 12 goals. this guy should have SMASHED through Dixie Dean's record, but now he won't get a chance.

Agree 100% with MEta..

Guys, you should stop wandering all the time for the player to score 70 goals and take all the chances we create, cauz there is no such player. If a goal poacher cames, then we will not create as many chances.. Its obvious..

See Ibra case.. Best(or among top3) No 9 in Europe when we bought him.. But, (apart from his lazinesS) he neither could fit in our style, nor he could by his presence employ any plan B..

Ibrahimovic sealed the case for Guardiola once and forever.. BArca cannot accomondate any plan B... Realize that! WE will never put crosses in the box like sides do for the big man.. we cannot, and it is not so effective also...

E

estranged

Falcao doesn't fit what we want to do.

Indeed, hes a poacher more than anything...his technique isn't that great and he doesn't drop back and get involved like villa/pedro...In my opinion he should stay at porto.

Co0ter

Guys, you should stop wandering all the time for the player to score 70 goals and take all the chances we create, cauz there is no such player. If a goal poacher cames, then we will not create as many chances.. Its obvious..

See Ibra case.. Best(or among top3) No 9 in Europe when we bought him.. But, (apart from his lazinesS) he neither could fit in our style, nor he could by his presence employ any plan B..

Ibrahimovic sealed the case for Guardiola once and forever.. BArca cannot accomondate any plan B... Realize that!

First of all, Ibra isn't a goal-poacher...so scratch that portion of your arguement. Ibra, at least everywhere but Barca, was a player given complete freedom who could create, hold up the ball and score goals out of no where. A poacher mostly scores shit goals and is always in the right place at the right time- Inzaghi, Falcao, Keirrison etc

The last thing I wan't is a poacher type striker. I want a CLINICAL FINISHER who has SPEED to eat up space, make runs and convert through balls. Villa can do all this except he's not that fast, quick feet yes, but not fast enough. We play in the enemy 1/3 75 percent of the game so speed is ideal to travel within limited space and good (doesn't have to be phenomenal) creativity and vision- we have enough of that in our squad.

Eto'o (30) was/is that sort of striker and Pato (21) is that sort of striker now. I'm sure there are a couple of more but strikers of that sort are rare. Most just aren't anything special or fall either towards the poacher side more or creative-winger type.

Culeee

tbh I wont mind I would love to spend the whole budget on him,for those who would whine about him sitting on bench he wont sit that much 4 quality players for 3 positions,Bojan on loan and Afellay rotating in midfield and attack,Pedro can play on both flanks,,Villa versatile to play anywhere in attack,Messi can play on the right,was moved in some games against deep lines there with Villa moving centrally where Falcao would be much better

thank god you are not in charge of our transfer activities :)

Trequartista

The good
thank god you are not in charge of our transfer activities :)

Who told you I am not?

Ibrahimovic sealed the case for Guardiola once and forever.. BArca cannot accomondate any plan B... Realize that! WE will never put crosses in the box like sides do for the big man.. we cannot, and it is not so effective also...
While I agree that having a tall striker wont be the solution to deep lines,you always need something differrent,see most of the games Barca struggled against parked buses you will see that Pep always moves Messi to the right and switches Vilal centrally where he clearly isnt as his best there
Falcao's best trait is headers but he is far fom being a Chamakh,he is a complete forward and he is the best available number nine in the market as far as I know

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Nice try. :lol:

tell me I'm wrong.

Valencia, the Da Silva's, Nani and Rooney occasionally... great crosses for him to feed off. the dude could be great for them, like Berbatov this season except with more balls (so better off the bench) and much better away from home. the only issue is that Hernandez is established as first-choice, but Fergie has shown he loves to rotate. so I dunno.

anyway, my preferred choice is for him to stay put.

Birdy

First of all, Ibra isn't a goal-poacher...so scratch that portion of your arguement. Ibra, at least everywhere but Barca, was a player given complete freedom who could create, hold up the ball and score goals out of no where. A poacher mostly scores shit goals and is always in the right place at the right time- Inzaghi, Falcao, Keirrison etc

everywhere else Ibra had the whole team playing for him, thats why he is roaming round the pitch as prefered..

If you take this player and examine: what he really is ? Is he a winger? a trequartista? a shadow striker?
his characteristics are placing him in the category of a big No9.. Regardless of his 'hunting' (like inzaghi or falcao) ability..

While I agree that having a tall striker wont be the solution to deep lines,you always need something differrent,see most of the games Barca struggled against parked buses you will see that Pep always moves Messi to the right and switches Vilal centrally where he clearly isnt as his best there
Falcao's best trait is headers but he is far fom being a Chamakh,he is a complete forward and he is the best available number nine in the market as far as I know
these are variations to our main plan, to the plan A.. An indeed this seems to be a more accurate solution to parked buses.. A great team is a great team when it perfectionizes its main Plan..

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
So, he's pretty much ours unless AVB pulls out a rabbit and goes to Inter or something. Torres and Falcao? Hmmm.

Home of Barca Fans