Radamel Falcao

Sewelly

Falcao is poor in the build-up. It's harsh to call him just a poacher but that is his main virtue.

Anybody watching Colombia in the Copa America coming up will see this. Colombia's style is to try and pass the ball in through midfield, and he is asked to play more with his back to goal and get involved. He struggles with this because it is not his game, that's why there is a big question mark over his impact at international level. Porto get the best out of him because they play with pace and cross the ball into him quickly and as often as possible. He's a killer inside the box, with his head and with both feet, he can score the odd goal from outside the box too - but his allround game is not top class.

That said I still think he'd be a good option for Barca.

Last edited:
Falcao is poor in the build-up. It's harsh to call him just a poacher but that is his main virtue.

Anybody watching Colombia in the Copa America coming up will see this. Colombia's style is to try and pass the ball in through midfield, and he is asked to play more with his back to goal and get involved. He struggles with this because it is not his game, that's why there is a big question mark over his impact at international level. Porto get the best out of him because they play with pace and cross the ball into him quickly and as often as possible. He's a killer inside the box, with his head and with both feet, he can score the odd goal from outside the box too - but his allround game is not top class.

That said I still think he'd be a good option for Barca.
Been listening to the World Football Phone in i see.

Sewelly

:D

To be fair Vickery echoed my opinion of him anyway. I just didn't know about the history of Colombia's style of football.

Pedro is not a super-sub, he's a crucial part of our how trident works. without him we'd be feeling Eto'o's loss so freakin' hard you wouldn't believe it.

Bojan is a future starter. presently a rotational forward though, for sure.

and there is no effective strategy for breaking up a parked bus. THAT IS WHY PEOPLE PARK THE BUS. the best you can hope is to play your own style of football (whatever that is) and take your chances when they come. in all the games we've lost against parked buses, we've always had chances to score and failed to take them. you don't get many when your opponent plays like that, but you do get some, and you must be clinical.
You said it yourself "we've always had chances to score and failed to take them." Now how do you do that? By being more clinical or by creating more clear cut chances. If we couldn't do it with MVPedro, then perhaps we should look for a player who is both more clinical and can create more scoring opportunities and that's why Pato could become even more crucial to us than Pedro. Besides, let's not forget that other teams are not exactly getting worse at playing against us; they're getting better.

If we had kept Eto'o and brought Villa instead of Ibra; Pedro, at his best would've still been our super-sub not a starter. So he may be indispensable now; but not under all circumstances. When R10 left we lost some qualities that are still missing today; but teams change and adapt. With Pato, we will some qualities and gain others; but our gains would more than compensate for our losses.

As for Bojan, I don't think anyone can tell whether he'll become a starter or not. But IMO, he should be loaned next year so that he can get the chance to prove himself as XI material. By the time he returns, Villa will be 31; we will be looking for replacements and Bojan would fill that void if he can attain his potential.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
You said it yourself "we've always had chances to score and failed to take them." Now how do you do that? By being more clinical or by creating more clear cut chances. If we couldn't do it with MVPedro, then perhaps we should look for a player who is both more clinical and can create more scoring opportunities and that's why Pato could become even more crucial to us than Pedro. Besides, let's not forget that other teams are not exactly getting worse at playing against us; they're getting better.

If we had kept Eto'o and brought Villa instead of Ibra; Pedro, at his best would've still been our super-sub not a starter. So he may be indispensable now; but not under all circumstances. When R10 left we lost some qualities that are still missing today; but teams change and adapt. With Pato, we will some qualities and gain others; but our gains would more than compensate for our losses.

As for Bojan, I don't think anyone can tell whether he'll become a starter or not. But IMO, he should be loaned next year so that he can get the chance to prove himself as XI material. By the time he returns, Villa will be 31; we will be looking for replacements and Bojan would fill that void if he can attain his potential.

ahem

WE ARE NOT REAL MADRID

if we buy a forward, it will be one to rotate in. not a superstar to relegate Pedro to the bench.

knicks

Do ya feel lucky, punk?
He scored again..I don't know but I think he wants a lot to score against Villareal.

X

xaviniesta

what a beast. 17 goals for porto in europa league this season. :worthy:

Home of Barca Fans