Radamel Falcao

oggydude

Wait his vision really impaired, that would explain a lot actually, I thought it was a sarcastic jibe, now I feel bad for that pic.

Utd dodged a bullet by having him on loan for a year, but I feel like Mendez will use him as a bargaining chip for the De Gea deal.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
He is done. I have never liked him because he only went for the money. I mean he was in his prime and could have earned a shit load of money in BPL or with Real + CL and stuff but went to Monaco.

CuleLife4Life

He is done. I have never liked him because he only went for the money. I mean he was in his prime and could have earned a shit load of money in BPL or with Real + CL and stuff but went to Monaco.

I would blame Mendes for forcing him before I blame Falcao. Here is a really good Reddit post about his 3rd party ownership situation.When agents want their money, you pretty much have to do what they say. I've seen countless South Americans go through this vicious cycle and end up in weak leagues but for big money.

http://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/1e8ncw/explaining_the_falcao_move_to_monaco/

I firmly believe there was a deal in place to eventually move Falcao to Real Madrid after a year. Going to Monaco freed Falcao of being owned by 3rd parties and helped him not jump directly into Real, something Atletico would not have allowed. His injury and them buying James helped halt the deal and Mendes was forced to dump him into his other money-making team, ManU.

EdmondDantes

Thankfully third party ownership is bound to end soon with the bill FIFA approved recently. In South America it's an enormous problem, and Tim Vickery believes that once in effect, it will give clubs a new lease of life, after a period of struggles of course.

As for Falcao I feel sorry for the guy; I mean as much as one can really feel sorry for one who is paid over 300k a week that is.

khaled_a_d

In addition to the third part CuleLife4Life has mentioned ,A.Madrid would have never sold him to RM and he probably felt he has grown bigger than Atletico .Monaco had very promising project .after PSG it looked like France is the new market businessmen is exploring in football and with no tax issue they looked bound to be a force .they came second after their first year after being promoted with Falcao injured .they weren't really that bad last year and their project looked solid
All of sudden they have gone Malaga way rather than PSG way

Home of Barca Fans