Radamel Falcao

S7_MUFC

Well that just isnt true, where you getting your reports, a liverpool forum? :p BBC say 265.
It's still a lot though and if we consider the fee and the loan fee..he'll cost us 110 million and that's too much for a player close to his 30's....RVP was supposed to be an exception and he was in amazing form and his fee was a lot lower compared to Falcao...

Unbiased United

It's still a lot though and if we consider the fee and the loan fee..he'll cost us 110 million and that's too much for a player close to his 30's....RVP was supposed to be an exception and he was in amazing form and his fee was a lot lower compared to Falcao...

He's 28...that's considered to be the prime of a players career. I'm very glad we have him, despite what it cost. Not only is he likely to be great for us but it means keeping a WC striker away from our rivals too.

S7_MUFC

He's 28...that's considered to be the prime of a players career. I'm very glad we have him, despite what it cost. Not only is he likely to be great for us but it means keeping a WC striker away from our rivals too.
What do you think our long term transfer strategy will be? I predicted that we'll go Galactico when Mata was signed and so far it looks like that's our strategy...Woody is a marketing man and signing superstars will help us attract more sponsors.....I'm not sure where new commercial revenues will come from because we've just both kit and Shirt sponsorship deals and only remaining source of commercial revenue is signing small deals but judging by what we did in this transfer window Woody is counting on further increasing our commercial revenue.....

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Monaco are paying his salary on his loan year from what I have heard, so he can get it tax-free. Man Utd will pay the money made up by wages directly to Monaco as a part of the loan fee. Is that right?

S7_MUFC

Monaco are paying his salary on his loan year from what I have heard, so he can get it tax-free. Man Utd will pay the money made up by wages directly to Monaco as a part of the loan fee. Is that right?
If that was the case than it should be really controversial...What's stopping Monaco from offering similar services to other clubs by signing players and loaning them....In theory Real could've just loaned James Rodriguez on 2 year loan deal and paid ridiculously high loan fee to reduce the salary paid to him

oggydude

I always thought mediocre was worse than shit :p there is room for improvement at least due to there age yeh they will all be dodgy week in week out without Vidic's leadership but you dont get better without your backs to the wall. Do however believe Shaw will be excellent defensively if hes anywhere near what he was at southampton its having players like Valencia and Young in those wing back roles that create a lot of pressure on the defense too.

55 million euros/43.5 million pounds

Vidic is one of those players you cannot replace in a season just like Scholes, Keane, Ronaldo. LVG will probably have to make top 5 this season we've replaced deadweight with amazing players, Nani with Di Maria, Welbeck with Falcao, Cleverly with Herrera, Evra with Shaw. Only Vidic with Rojo is a downgrade and we play no CL this season or capital one cup now. Blind also gives us a much needed DM.

Galning

If that was the case than it should be really controversial...What's stopping Monaco from offering similar services to other clubs by signing players and loaning them....In theory Real could've just loaned James Rodriguez on 2 year loan deal and paid ridiculously high loan fee to reduce the salary paid to him

Exactly.

matth_22

matth_22
BwfN_krIMAAQd3v.jpg

Man Utd did well in this window.

Agreed. We've made some world-class signings this summer.

BenRobbins

I really thought once he scored his first against everton then he was ready to explode and score for fun but it hasn't happened for him just yet. Still keeping the faith however.

Unbiased United

I really thought once he scored his first against everton then he was ready to explode and score for fun but it hasn't happened for him just yet. Still keeping the faith however.

It's not happened because he has barely touched a ball since then.

His injuries are a real concern for me, but to be honest he's just another shard in a team made of glass. I'd love him to kick on and really be a top player for us, but If I'm being honest, I think he'll have just the single season with us, and it will end in a whimper.

Home of Barca Fans