Best Header in the game?

Best Header?

• Total voters

zanela

In the wake of Cristiano's header, i've gotten interested in learning the forum's opinion on the best headers in the game. The one you think combines technique, power, intelligent runs/positioning perfectly to be a constant aerial menace in the box. The one who is likely to find the net in the most challenging and tighest of situations and with regularity. I'm looking at only those who are still active in the game. No Larsson and Morientes..:)

So, who is the Best header of the ball?

Don't get mad if your fav hasn't been included in the poll. My mind could gather just a few atm.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Where's the Marouane "Worst haircut of all time" Chamakh option? He'd be a bureaucrat in Aquitaine right now if it wasn't for his ability to score goals with his head.

zanela

But has he been tested consistently at the highest level? He was an option but wasn't sure he could be rated higher than those listed at this particular aspect.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
It's hard to say because none of these other guys rely on their headers nearly as much. While Chamakh is a roleplayer on a decent but not great team, it's still very impressive that he manages to score as many goals as he does considering every defender knows what he is there to do. Another player like this who deserves mention is Aduriz, he's mediocre overall but he's a beast of a roleplayer.

Llorente and Drogba are both above average headers but they are such good finishers overall that it makes their opportunity easier.

And I know this is supposed to be about current players but seeing this list makes me appreciate how awesome Larsson was considering he was a relatively small guy whose game didn't revolve around being at the end of crosses. Of course not everyone who is big and strong will be a great header (A certain other Swede proves that), so not to take away from the technique of the likes of Llorente, Drogba and Torres, but none are as badass as King Henrik.

BerkeleyBernie

I voted other: Edinson Cavani. His intelligence at timing his runs makes him one of the best.

Check his hat trick against Juventus here: ALL three goals are headers.

Last edited:

MoFroBo

I voted other: Edinson Cavani. His intelligence at timing his runs makes him one of the best.

Check his hat trick against Juventus here: ALL three goals are headers.

Cavani is most complete attacker in modern football. No flicks, no fancy tricks, just simple and pure football.

Fourteen

Monster Masch
On a side note, is it just me or does Andy carroll seems to bang in goals mostly with his head?
Yeah, although Carroll is a less attractive striker compared to others on the list, for this poll anyway, he should certainly be on the list. The guy wins every bloody header!

Home of Barca Fans