Best Header in the game?

Best Header?

• Total voters

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Cahill's heading technique isn't that great, he's just good at using his elbows to fight and make space for himself.

Carroll wins every header because he's 6'3 and has incredible hops. I'm not so sure about his actual headed technique.

Llorente has shown some serious skills with his head, as has Drogba. Vidic is right up there too, probably has an advantage due to his supreme defensive prowess in the air. he cleans everything out.

but Kevin Davies is the best headerer of a ball I've seen for years though. he's 6 foot flat, so doesn't have much of a height advantage, but he wins COUNTLESS headers to knock the ball on for his team-mates, head the ball at goal, or in his best moments, pass the ball. and that's why I name him best, because of his consistent ability to pass the ball with his head.

Guardian

There are different types of heading

Miro Klose is great at scoring goals from headers, his heading technique is very precise, he scored most of his goals for both NT and club with headers. But when it comes to ball winning and then passing to his partner, players such as Drogba can not only win the ball, but they also can direct it at the right place. Cleansing the ball is different and the likes of Vidic have mastered this element from the game. I also like Cahill, his positioning and technique are great. So there are different types of heading

X

xaviniesta

I've always liked Tim Cahill. Not the tallest guy but his postioning, timing and courage to go into challenges is amazing.

B

Barcastein

Flavio Amado, who played for Al-Ahly and plays for Angola.
Get the ball on his head and thats a guaranteed goal lol
Shame he didn't play in Europe

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
There are different types of heading

Miro Klose is great at scoring goals from headers, his heading technique is very precise, he scored most of his goals for both NT and club with headers. But when it comes to ball winning and then passing to his partner, players such as Drogba can not only win the ball, but they also can direct it at the right place. Cleansing the ball is different and the likes of Vidic have mastered this element from the game. I also like Cahill, his positioning and technique are great. So there are different types of heading

This^^

As metal said too, Carroll is capable of winning every damn header but how often does he find himself in scoring positions? It depends not just on your pace but a lot of other factors like anticipation to find yourself at the end of a cross. I'd say Rooney and Ronaldo does that brilliantly, they anticipate the cross beautifully but you won't find them be able to win all the headers!!

I might be laughed at this but I find Adebayor to be the best header of the game. He is a beast aerially and is good at making runs and scoring from them too

DucdeOrléans

Sergio Ramos (yes) certainly must be among the best? Always seem to score 5-6 goals every season from headers. That's a fantastic number from a defender.

Otherwise, Gallas was quite good a few years ago.

Hernan Crespo as well.

Beast

The Observer
Chamakh... that idiot with no talent is by far the best header in the business ...
sadly he moved to the wrong team , play him in a team that cross the ball and u would get 20-30 goals with a ratio of 90 % with his head..
that 90 % ratio is the same amount he scored with his head in his last season with Bordeaux...

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Chamakh... that idiot with no talent is by far the best header in the business ...
sadly he moved to the wrong team , play him in a team that cross the ball and u would get 20-30 goals with a ratio of 90 % with his head..
that 90 % ratio is the same amount he scored with his head in his last season with Bordeaux...

tbh I'm beginning to think Chamakh was made to look better than he was by Tremoulinas (and Tremoulinas made to look better by Chamakh). I think they had an excellent understanding and have both gone downhill having been separated from each other. Wenger would do well to sign Tremoulinas. it would transform Chamakh and give Arsenal a massive Plan B.

Beast

The Observer
tbh I'm beginning to think Chamakh was made to look better than he was by Tremoulinas (and Tremoulinas made to look better by Chamakh). I think they had an excellent understanding and have both gone downhill having been separated from each other. Wenger would do well to sign Tremoulinas. it would transform Chamakh and give Arsenal a massive Plan B.

I disagree Meta, Wenger once again has brought the wrong striker ..
he buy a header man and play the way it's set for a striker like Henry ... Chamakh is not an Arsenal man
send him to a pure English team with all the stereotype game and u will get plenty of goals from him, what's the use of getting a man who is danger is a cross/aerial game while u still play the ball on the ground ?
Bordeaux changed their game after Lolo left and that's why the rest of the team suffered

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
oh obviously Wenger signed the wrong man. but he could have been the right man if they had bought Tremoulinas as well.

Clichy gets forward loads, and hits crosses loads, but the thing is most of them suck. if you bring Tremoulinas in, then the crosses will be good and thus Chamakh will prove a most useful signing.

Home of Barca Fans