5 - Carles Puyol

RMU ReBorn

20413969_2125869084314295_1045369704599388209_o.jpg

SeloBarca

“I am convinced that we have a better team than Madrid, but they have won four of the last five Champions Leagues,” Puyol told Barcelona based newspaper La Vanguardia on Monday.

“I think the solution comes from getting our priorities straight. We’re losing an opportunity and I’m furious about that as a Barca fan.

“Winning the treble is extremely hard as statistics shows, so I think the most sensible thing would be to relegate the King’s Cup.

“Don’t get me wrong, I loved playing in the final, but the path there should be for the reserves and the young players to show if they are good enough or not.”

Barcelona have won the King’s Cup four seasons running but only progressed beyond the Champions League quarter-finals once in that time, when they won it in 2015.

“We have a great team and we have Leo (Messi), I think the Champions League has a much bigger global impact and also (impacts) on the Ballon d’Or.

“I have no doubt who is the best player in the world but Messi should be showing his talent above all in La Liga and in Europe, I’m sure he’d agree with me.”

The Captain speaks the truth, except having a better team

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Agreed with him on Copa. It's not board's fault though Lucho and Valverde disagree. Pep as well didn't take Copa lightly.

Home of Barca Fans