5 - Carles Puyol

khaled_a_d

[tw]1076325492637102081[/tw]

This also.

This seem like a recent change of mind? I remember he didn't entertain the idea before? Anyway, many of current generation would get their chances to coach, let's hope they won't be like Milan past generation (Seedorf,Inzaghi & Gattuso etc)

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
It's clear it's alignment against Bartomeu but have to say it's surprising/disappointing it has taken this long. Reminds me of when the players were waiting for Pep to respond to Mou years ago

khaled_a_d

Doubt it is an alignment, Abidal and Kluivert have recently joined the club, with the former being on Laporta's side during election.
Puyol himself worked with Bartou's board. But he has been trying to establish his own business for sometime now.
Also, he might want to leave Abidal doing his job, there seem to be a confusing about the role of director's in the club, at least for us fans.
Those players don't have the same way of thinking as the fans. They have their own interests. they realize they can't push their agendas on the socios, they also realize there is a life outside the club.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Doubt it is an alignment, Abidal and Kluivert have recently joined the club, with the former being on Laporta's side during election.
Puyol himself worked with Bartou's board. But he has been trying to establish his own business for sometime now.
Also, he might want to leave Abidal doing his job, there seem to be a confusing about the role of director's in the club, at least for us fans.
Those players don't have the same way of thinking as the fans. They have their own interests. they realize they can't push their agendas on the socios, they also realize there is a life outside the club.

Puyol, like Xavi, has aligned himself with Victor Font. He's attended several of his conferences for his early election campaign.

There was no way he would take this role less than two years before the next elections.

Now will he take over a role at Barca if Font wins in 2021? Can't say for sure, but I don't think he's particularly fond of this board.

khaled_a_d

Puyol, like Xavi, has aligned himself with Victor Font. He's attended several of his conferences for his early election campaign.

There was no way he would take this role less than two years before the next elections.

Now will he take over a role at Barca if Font wins in 2021? Can't say for sure, but I don't think he's particularly fond of this board.

May be,you are making a good point regarding the election
Now,he gets only 2 years, in 2021 He gets more time regardless of who wins. Laporta,Font or someone from this board.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife

I'm talking about local Catalan legends

Messi983

[tw]1206582249854054400[/tw]

:lol: :lol:

Even a 40 year old Puyol would beat the s*** out of this overrated kid let alone Puyi in his prime.

Andresito

Staff member
I have a Clasico game stuck in my mind where Puyol absolutely dominated. Remember him blocking shots left and right especially from Higuain. Anybody know what game?

Home of Barca Fans