5 - Carles Puyol

alexjanosik

The Game
Messi and Iniesta are not leaders on the pitch.
I think Busquets has that quality in him.I hope to see him one day as our captain.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
I think Alves has the capabilities as well. He could be the one that wakes up everyone but he needs some more seasons with Barça before he can pull that off.

I don't see Messi, Xavi or Iniesta shouting at their team mates like a captain has to do. So I agree with Janosik. Only thing with busquets: he always falls like a girl when someone hits him. That's not the way to portray leadership (same problem for Alves actually). A leader should be one of the hardest, setting examples for the rest and let them know that his spirit is the example.

A good example of a leader is Gattuso. Resembles Puyol.

alexjanosik

The Game
I know Busquets isnt ready now.But in 3-4 years he will be.
By then he will hopefully cut out the dives and screaming like a girl bit.
Alves would be a good choice.He works hard,always gives his best but there is something lacking.
We had Van Bommel.He was a leader on the pitch.

mmandela

Sueco estrella
I think Alves has the capabilities as well. He could be the one that wakes up everyone but he needs some more seasons with Barça before he can pull that off.

I don't see Messi, Xavi or Iniesta shouting at their team mates like a captain has to do. So I agree with Janosik. Only thing with busquets: he always falls like a girl when someone hits him. That's not the way to portray leadership (same problem for Alves actually). A leader should be one of the hardest, setting examples for the rest and let them know that his spirit is the example.

A good example of a leader is Gattuso. Resembles Puyol.

He actually falls like a tree, haha :lol:

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Like a girly tree then

IMG0498-main_Full.jpg

mmandela

Sueco estrella
He played welll today again, both on the right side and the left flank. He is extraordinady, brilliant... what a player he is... I believe he only made one mistake in the whole game and just like that they had a chance on goal. The rest of the game no one got past him. He is so important and for me he is the best defender ever.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He played well overall but was broken on that one occasion.
Imo. he`s too bulked up for a footballer. Regular Arnold Schwarzenegger :p

C

Culer10

He plays with his heart. He is one of the best capitans in Barca history.

IraqiCulé

He played well overall but was broken on that one occasion.
Imo. he`s too bulked up for a footballer. Regular Arnold Schwarzenegger :p
Ronnie also bulked up on his upper body since joining Barca (and eventually let himself go as well) and we witnessed a steady reduction in his speed.

However, Puyol is in great shape all the time, knock on wood! Respect to El Capitan.

Home of Barca Fans