5 - Carles Puyol

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
i dont think there are any quality CB to replace him.
perhaps manchena. but manchena is getting old too.
only left with madird pair albiol and arbeloa.
they are good, but nowhere near world class yet

Albiol has got 2 years to get ready for a major tournament with Spain!! And if, as you say, Arbeloa is not that good at 27, when would he even be!? I like Arbeloa and I think he's a very good full back

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Gift from Puyol to his Spanish World Champion teammates

foto_445586_CAS.jpg

€170 buys you one too

barca96

Albiol has got 2 years to get ready for a major tournament with Spain!! And if, as you say, Arbeloa is not that good at 27, when would he even be!? I like Arbeloa and I think he's a very good full back

thats why. from what i remember, i used to see arbeloa playing at LB. and at liverpool RB or was it LB too? but definitely not in the middle.
so he is not a natural successor to puyol. he could be though if given time.
albiol, idk. nothing special, but good enough for madrid so he must be good.

Gift from Puyol to his Spanish World Champion teammates

foto_445586_CAS.jpg

€170 buys you one too
was this the gift before WC or after?

Last edited:

Moe