5 - Carles Puyol

Devils

I was thinking that Barca should organize a testimonial match this summer with team Xavi vs team Puyol.

It would be a nice.

Stric

A shame that Puyol didn't get the farewell he deserved...

Couldn't help but think the same. I know it was the defining game of the season and all, but a mosaic wouldn't have hurt anyone. It's over before the game starts. The only somewhat logical reason I could think of that would support him not getting a proper send-off was the fact that he was staying in the club to work with Zubi.

JackaL

I think the word crisis is inherent in FCB's board, because no season is left out without any stupid move of them. I remember when last year Masch was also thinking about leaving the club. There were a lot of mistakes including Valdes, Abidal etc. Puyol might not have gotten such a ceremony especially because of the useless guys that were running the club.

Here, this guy is a born leader!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBDoB-9jTh8[/youtube]

King5Puyi

For every inch of a player Xavi was, he was not even half the leader Puyol was. The mere presence of the man reeked of a true warrior who you WANT to respect. His persona, his nature of a lion. He probably didn't want a public send off with the club being in the turmoil it was. Man, the things I'd do to watch him take a stand on our pitch once more.

bismp

For every inch of a player Xavi was, he was not even half the leader Puyol was. The mere presence of the man reeked of a true warrior who you WANT to respect. His persona, his nature of a lion. He probably didn't want a public send off with the club being in the turmoil it was. Man, the things I'd do to watch him take a stand on our pitch once more.
Even the madridistas like him...

King5Puyi

Even the madridistas like him...

Remember when Ramos shoved Puyi in the face? On his way out, he shoved Xavi too who lost his temper. But Puyi, his head is where it needs to be. He can train wreck Ramos if he wanted to. That one instance where a guy actually slapped him, and instead of getting back St him, he ran towards Dinho who wanted to kill the guy for touching Puyi. Like I said, it didn't matter what shirt he wore, it was his personality that made all the difference.

Kohe321

Remember when Ramos shoved Puyi in the face? On his way out, he shoved Xavi too who lost his temper. But Puyi, his head is where it needs to be. He can train wreck Ramos if he wanted to. That one instance where a guy actually slapped him, and instead of getting back St him, he ran towards Dinho who wanted to kill the guy for touching Puyi. Like I said, it didn't matter what shirt he wore, it was his personality that made all the difference.

That moment where he ran and stopped Dinho after he himself got slapped was great. Puyol was and is pure class, I can't wait to see him back at Barca. Hopefully that will happen one day in the not so distant future... :)

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Wouldn't need to train wreck Ramos. Just start walking towards him and Sergio would wet his pants.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
This is a moment that I will never forget, when Barcelona played the Joan Gamper game against Ac Milan in 2010. In that year Ronaldinho was playing for Milan. That year Barcelona won the trophy with Penalties. Puyol being the gentleman he always is , went to Ronaldinho with trophy and told him to celebrate it with his ex-teammates. A simple gesture but a beautiful one.

Home of Barca Fans