5 - Carles Puyol

il pepe

A goal for Puyol would have rounded off the night just perfectly, if it was short of perfection to begin with. The man fought superbly, Rooney had to switch flanks to try and do something because he couldn't get the better of Carles and Cristina did no better when trying to get past el capità

indeed, he derserved a goal. Came close twice.

What a captain.

B

Big Col

Puyol was a warrior, a true Catalan. I am proud he is the captain of my team.

flagvl8.gif

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
1495lya.gif

Look at Puyol's reaction!

*ball goes in*
'omg!'
*turns around*
'what a pass by Xavi'
'OMG MESSI SCORED A HEADER!'
*still doesn't believe it*

:D

MinaFCB

Captain of Captains,the myth
A new divinity,with body of Heracles and heroic character,made himself a place at Olimp Cule.He actually had it,he took roots in history of this divine club that he could wrap whole planet with them.
There isn’t better scene than one in Rome to become part of blaugrana’s mythology,there isn’t better gladiator to raise the cup above the cups.Carles Puyol,won last night,in eternal city an eternal trophy.No one before,who wore Barca’s shirt,lifted up two European cups.No one.But he,after a decade of dedication,devotion to Barca,did it.With that mane that makes him look like Samson,he went to Olympic pedestal,he embraced the cup and repeated the pictures from Paris.What a captain Barca has!

maz

I walk the line
What a great gif that is gneg!

He had a good game last night. He did leave alot of space at the back, and he did move almost to left-back at times his positioning was so bad, but in terms of passion and hunger, he was so important last night. He also did well getting forward. He pegged back rooney and evra (and was a much better full back than evra).

MinaFCB

¿What would you reply a year ago if you were asked if Barca can win Cup,League and Champions this season?
I would have said that it would be very hard but that we would fight for it.Every time you start a season you have new dreams,new aims.But,as we forgot previous two season ,we'll have to 'forget' this.We have to enjoy it during this summer,but when next season begins we shouldn't think about that anymore.
You had a doubtful beginnig and you ended with a: "Copa, Lliga i Champions....".
I think that guys from Crackovia did a great job and helped making a good atmosphere..
When did you sing that song,for a first time,when you are alone and no one could hear you,specially not Pep?
I think there are two situations.First,after victory on Bernabeu and then in Londond,after the match with Chelsea.After that we were already in final and we were close to it.Although close in reality is a lot,but in that moment the trophy was closer.Surely,when i watched Crackovia i used to sing it.Song is a hit.

You are conscious of what was organised in Barcelona,in Catalonia,in all cules' homes...Yes,you see it in the street.I believe that during the whole year there was a lot of happiness.You could see people being satisfied.But,now,after winning all this people are proud.There more Barca's tshirts than ever before,Barca's flag everywhere.That's nice and that makes us happy.These days people thank me every second.That's the most beautiful thing u can hear.

You are the first captain who won two Cl....Legendary....
I guess i'll assimilate it one day but now,i don't think about that.I think about us winning trible and not about me winning two CL,i think it's great and big privilege but i dont think about myself now but about the whole team.

A simple question:Why have you won everything.

Because we deserved it.It's clear.I think we were the best team.We worked a lot,and what is more important is that we believed in ourselves.And whole world says that we were the best.
Yes ,but what have done in a different way that brought you all this?

We started this season with a lot of hope ,willing to win everything.We stumbled at the beginning but team knew that was our way,we believed in our plans .Slowly we realised everything was possible.Later everything ended perfectly.
Is it true that you are like a family or there were hidden problems between you?
We were very close,including players who didn't play regularly.Even Milito,who was injured was always there.That was the most important thing.

You also mentioned FCB staff: Manel Estiarte, el doctor Pruna, Txema Corbella...
They are also significant part of our team.It they hadn't done their job well we wouldn't have won all this.They are very important and only way to emphasize their importance is to name all of them.

Last season,it was told that players made Pep keep Eto'o in the team..
I'd rather say that it was Etoo who convinced him with his behavious and quality.I think he had a brilliant season and players always said that Samu is the best.For me,the best striker of the world,because of effort and all he brings to the team.It's difficult to find a player like him.
That means that if you were Txiki you would prolong his contract

That's what other people decide,but i believe that Barca is stronger with Etoo.But then Etoo and club managemnet decide about that.Here everyone is important and the best solution for all has to be found.,

How many years will you play footballl?
I feel good and i'm willing to play.But i can't know how many more years i'll play.

How did you feel this year,because of the so many rotations?
I felt like an important player.I played many matches I changed my position many times,but i'm here to help the team and coach decides what is the best way to succeed.I always respected coaches because they look for the best.

Pique?
I think he is one of the most significant parts of this team.He brings a lot to the team on the pitch and outside of.He has terrific future and i think we did a great job when we brought him.

Messi?
¡Bufff! It's omplicated to talk about Messi. His work for the team is very valuable.He returned to help defence many times,and that's something players like he usually dont do.Some say that it's his duty but it's very difficult that such crucial players do so much work for team,but that's the only to succeed.

Did you thank Messi for that
?
Yes.I did it and whole team too.We know if all dont work hard it'll be tough.

Iniesta, man of the season. He's now more popular than ever thanx to his football and....imitations.

Andrés is calm but also very funny.He is a phenomen for me.Imitations make me laugh but it's clear that they exaggerate a bit.He isn;t so stationary.He is an amazing friend and i'm lucky to able to play with him.

Pep Guardiola. The best?

Now,it's easy to say that he is a phenomen..I have to congratulate him for everything he did and also to people who believe in him.It was very risky to bring him as a coach.But he won evrythig because he worked hard,because he managed to make this team play what he imagined.

The best coach you ever met?
Doubtlessly one of the best.I think that you learn every day.He teaches you new things every day and that great.Also,he is a football maniac,he thinks about football all day,during the matches,analizying our opponents.I think that he and his team did a great job.Just look at the result...
After all this,who deserves Balon de Oro?

I dont really like Balón de Oro. It's difficult to judge only one player . I'd give it to Barca.To the whole team.And to Maldini because of his career and to Messi,of course.

he also said he wants to stay in Barca,he has his contract till 2010 so he is calm and he hasn't talked with club management about that yet ...
the interview was so long so i skipped some less important questions

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
thanks mina!

I love his answer to the last question "I don't like it. [the ballon d'or] I'd give it to barca as a team. and maldini, and messi."

:D

Home of Barca Fans