It was all a dream ...

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
Just wanted to say that, for me, the season has already proved a success. La Liga is almost ours and we're into CL semis + CdR final.
Barca managed to break even more records and made their fans proud by playing the best football on the planet.
Everything that happens from now is just a bonus.

so this is what Bojan posted a few days back in the PTC thread.

I was going to respond to it thereafter, but work and life have been crazy busy.

sooooooooooooooooooo ... I'm responding to it now.

that was posted right after we officially knocked Shakhtar out. and having the benefit of hindsight, if we win La Liga but get knocked out of the CL by Madrid, by Mourinho's Madrid, would that really sit well w/ all of us? Would we consider the season a success when Madrid win #10 at our expense? What would that do to our team psychologically? I want to see this team continue to win and succeed and dazzle, but losing the CL tie to Madrid would be devastating. It would taint everything accomplished in the past three seasons.

that would be like Bellerophon getting killed by the Chimera.

life has its heroes and villains, and as a true reflection of life, football is no different. from the perspective of the Cule, Real are the villains led by a nefarious Dark Lord ... the worst seen in generations. We value the style and artistry that FCB play with. ok all that sentimental bs crap aside, football is, like life, a results based industry. artistic football does not pay the bills, put trophies in the cabinets, and sell jerseys.

What good is playing beautiful football, if you don't win? People say that you can't have your cake and eat it too ... f**k that ... I made the cake so that I can eat it, why else would I have made it?

As a lover of football and a lover of FCB I demand we win the CL. I demand that we win, while keeping to our principles, against a team that have none.

otherwise, league success and admirers aside, this season has not been a failure, but has not been a success either.

retorts?

Last edited:

Richard.H

All I can tell you is not to take this sport very seriously. They are all athletes who get paid more than your line of family ever will and they could care less if you are pissed at them for losing. They celebrate, can have sex with every women they wish, and have their family line set financially. They often say that fans care more about the team than the players themselves, and this is a perfect example of that.

If we lose the CL, there's next year and the year after. If you are indicating that this might be the end of our era, than so be it. Football is a game of never ending cycles. Just like life, you win and you lose.

F

Flavia

All I can tell you is not to take this sport very seriously. They are all athletes who get paid more than your line of family ever will and they could care less if you are pissed at them for losing. They celebrate, can have sex with every women they wish, and have their family line set financially. They often say that fans care more about the team than the players themselves, and this is a perfect example of that.

If we lose the CL, there's next year and the year after. If you are indicating that this might be the end of our era, than so be it. Football is a game of never ending cycles. Just like life, you win and you lose.

/thread

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
I don`t think Irv is projecting his questions as football is larger than life or whatsoever . He is merely asking us to introspect this particular season in terms of success and failure . As there are thousands of fans who also take membership of the Club has a right to analyse and introspect and criticise about our results and performance on the field , the others - who aren`t officially members of any football club has also the same right and out of which millions of them who support FC Barcelona and other clubs to their likings . That doesn`t mean we will stop eating , taking oxygen or end our life if we talk about football ? Do we ? No we won`t . Although I agree with Arman , but just that we can introspect , life won`t end in that way . If we start thinking like what you posted , Life will be full without emotion , passion and love .

It would taint everything accomplished in the past three seasons.

Don`t agree with that Irv . It will be a huge loss if we lose out in CL against Madrid and I won`t term the season as success because that would be humiliating . But isn`t it a bit early to talk about all this ? We need to support our team at full and let`s just wait and watch and hope for our best .

Visca Barca !!

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
You know Irv, I am not keen on people hiding behind pep and, at times, his alleged beliefs to bold their argument but I did say I was happy with what Barca showed this season before pep said the same thing just few days ago. I know Mou being in Madrid makes things even more important for us. Also having this fantastic generation of footballers in Barca adds even more on expectations but this is football and sometimes you can't win even-though you played better than your opponent. Also Iker had some fantastic saves in Copa and the game could have easily went the other way. I would have liked if pep had a backup plan besides Pique as a target man but what can you do. And who's to say would that work anyway.

Home of Barca Fans