Royal Emirates Group Purchases Un-Named La Liga Team

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
they can't have a share in Real, it's against the club statutes and the fans would never stand for it.

plus, Getafe was only Real's feeder club because of who owned it. with the new people in control, it's not gonna be their feeder club anymore.

If they make Getafe a success then who knows how madrid fans would react. I am not saying they'd want 100% control but a stake in them.

Because that is the only reason I can think of as to why they have chosen Getafe.

Man City only have one bigger club in their city. Getafe have two.

nebeer

Love is All
yes.

in the middle of seas.

where there is no other land.

do you see how that is the exact opposite of buying a club in a city where there are already two establish clubs with two centuries (literally!) worth of combined history and success?

Yep! May be Mr. Billionaire fancies building The Club from Madrid.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
I do have an outrageous theory about this.

We all know Getafe is Madrid's feeder club.

Therefore if this Dubai group buy Getafe they would automatically then have connections to Real Madrid, seeing as Getafe is connected to Real Madrid. They are also not stupid and they will realise Getafe cannot even compete with Atletico let alone Real.

BUT knowing this and keeping it in mind, maybe the Dubai people have bought Getafe because they do want to be connected to Real in more ways than one and buying Getafe and therefore getting a foothold with Madrid is their ultimate aim.

I am thinking that they want a share in Real Madrid and are playing the long game. Buying Getafe is just the first step because once they own Getafe they will then be connected to Madrid and will interact with them.

Then in 2, 3 or even 4 years time whilst buying their time and making Getafe healthy on and off the pitch (and in doing so showing the madrid fans and board members) that they can be trusted with a la liga team then the Dubai team will strike and offer a deal to the Madrid and its people to have a share in the club and will sell on Getafe to someone else.

Because these people are not stupid they know Getafe cannot compete in Madrid.

So that is my theory :D

That is indeed outrageous. And technically impossible.

yes.

in the middle of seas.

where there is no other land.

do you see how that is the exact opposite of buying a club in a city where there are already two establish clubs with two centuries (literally!) worth of combined history and success?

For a club that's not even 30 years old, Getafe is already pretty big. I'd say they have plenty of potential to surpass Atletico in terms of success and possibly even challenge the top two. If Milano is big enough for two massive clubs, why not Madrid? Madrid's population is almost three times that of Milano's.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Meta, this is not about football although to make them competitive will be part of their plans.

This is about getting the name Dubai in Madrid, the capital of Spain. Simple as that. This is beyond just football, this is a commercial move in every way possible. Next thing you know, Dubai will be investing in construction and development. This is about going to the Capital of Spain directly and make business through football. They want to be in the middle and branch out.

That is indeed outrageous. And technically impossible.

For a club that's not even 30 years old, Getafe is already pretty big. I'd say they have plenty of potential to surpass Atletico in terms of success and possibly even challenge the top two. If Milano is big enough for two massive clubs, why not Madrid? Madrid's population is almost three times that of Milano's.

No, Milano is huge, and their population is 7 million, not the 1 million you see on wikipedia. But this is not about local support, this is about foreign support. Dubai's group has already informed the management to start looking for talent, meaning if they put it in 2 years of competitive football they will perhaps build a new stadium, capacity near 50 000 and if they could it, they would have reached their goal I think. From then on, it is about acquiring fans from across the globe, the same way I see a lot of Man City fans now.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Meta, this is not about football although to make them competitive will be part of their plans.

This is about getting the name Dubai in Madrid, the capital of Spain. Simple as that. This is beyond just football, this is a commercial move in every way possible. Next thing you know, Dubai will be investing in construction and development. This is about going to the Capital of Spain directly and make business through football. They want to be in the middle and branch out.

sadly, you're probably right.

Beast

The Observer
the reason buying Getafe is stupid is they're trying to emerge in what is already a crowded market. I'd say Madrid is full, given the presence of, y'know, Real Madrid. and Atletico. two fairly sizeable clubs, I would have thought. Sevilla or Depor would have made much more sense, as they're clubs that already have a sizeable fanbase upon which to draw and no much bigger clubs preventing them from expanding. hell, in Depor's case they're the only big team in that region.

I mean do these guys really think there's room for a third big team in Madrid?

uh, no.

Depor is not only in a very big debt but they don't have enough fans , Seville or Betis with their passionate supporters would be a good buy
they can't have a share in Real, it's against the club statutes and the fans would never stand for it.

plus, Getafe was only Real's feeder club because of who owned it. with the new people in control, it's not gonna be their feeder club anymore.

Getafe is not our feeder club.. it's more our farm club where we test our potential rising players if they can cut it or not..
And it's not due to Angel Torres presence more than the fact that Getafe was a Real Madrid fan club trying to play football ..so their connection with Real Madrid (even on fan basis ) will continue with or without the the Dubai team.. still stupid decision IMO

I do have an outrageous theory about this.

We all know Getafe is Madrid's feeder club.

Therefore if this Dubai group buy Getafe they would automatically then have connections to Real Madrid, seeing as Getafe is connected to Real Madrid. They are also not stupid and they will realise Getafe cannot even compete with Atletico let alone Real.

BUT knowing this and keeping it in mind, maybe the Dubai people have bought Getafe because they do want to be connected to Real in more ways than one and buying Getafe and therefore getting a foothold with Madrid is their ultimate aim.

I am thinking that they want a share in Real Madrid and are playing the long game. Buying Getafe is just the first step because once they own Getafe they will then be connected to Madrid and will interact with them.

Then in 2, 3 or even 4 years time whilst buying their time and making Getafe healthy on and off the pitch (and in doing so showing the madrid fans and board members) that they can be trusted with a la liga team then the Dubai team will strike and offer a deal to the Madrid and its people to have a share in the club and will sell on Getafe to someone else.

Because these people are not stupid they know Getafe cannot compete in Madrid.

So that is my theory :D

No one can buy Real not for 2-3 Billion Euro , our socio's don't even accept expanding the socio's like Barca... it's a matter of relation with the club it's not for sale not now not ever
there is no shares for them to buy

No Soy Galáctico

Benny Blanco

Getafe is hardly the life and soul of Madrid. Ok so not that far stuck out the city, its about 30 minutes away from the Bernabeu, but still not considered inside the capital but in the community of Madrid. Would love to know their thinking behind this. It is hardly comparable to the Man City deal. Strange one for me, better options out there.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Getafe is hardly the life and soul of Madrid. Ok so not that far stuck out the city, its about 30 minutes away from the Bernabeu, but still not considered inside the capital but in the community of Madrid. Would love to know their thinking behind this. It is hardly comparable to the Man City deal. Strange one for me, better options out there.

It's not only in the middle of nowhere, but the few fans it does have are mostly Madrid fans who don't want as big of a commute. Their fanbase is probably the 5th largest at best in the Madrid community.

This is clearly not about the football. I really hope Getafe gets relegated for a laugh.

Home of Barca Fans