Royal Emirates Group Purchases Un-Named La Liga Team

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
The group, which is run by Sheikh Butti Bin Suhail Al Maktoum, said they were considering naming the club "Team Dubai" but it could not confirm whether this would be its official name.

Source

I'm reading different things. ESPN Soccernet says the club is most likely a debt-free, mid-table club that has enjoyed domestic success in recent years, but all the other sources say the club is most likely Real Zaragoza. And according to the above source it looks like the whole "Team Dubai" thing might not be official yet.

XaviMessiGirl

Really, JUST Team Dubai? With no reference to the club's city or original name? Nobody's going to know they're a Spanish club anymore.

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
they aint changing the name to team dubai :lol:

as gio and someone else said i think its seville for many reasons...would be happy if it was them

El Gato

Villarato!
How about Getafe :>

BTW
Did Zaragoza enjoy any domestic success or participated in European competition ? I must have missed it.

Last edited:

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
Well that's all guesswork, for all we know it could be any of the teams in La Liga. But Getafe is a nice shout.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
LOL! This would be a slap in the face to the Spanish who I have been told hate Arabs.

Anyways, this is good for La Liga and let us face it, Dubai's business portfolio. If it is Seville, then this would be a so smart considering their competitive nature, it is Andalusian, very good scouting system, and most importantly their vicious crowd.

If we get rid of Del Neri then that would be good on a personal level but he is such a character, I'd hate to see him leave :lol:

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
if it's Sevilla then Juan Carlos will be shitting it.

"OH FUCK THE MUSLIMS ARE BACK IN ANDALUCIA! QUICK SOMEONE CALL CHARLTON HESTON!!"

Home of Barca Fans