Russia

• Thread starter Serbo-Spanish Wonder SRB
  • Start date

Banana-Rama

fabio capello, horrible appointment for russia, he will get rid of the slick 4-3-3 attacking possesion football they have been playing and change them into a basic 4-4-2 undoing all the good work of previous managers, one of the worst appointments that russia could of made...........

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
LOL! He played 4 4 2 because the English team cannot comprehend anything beyond that, plus he played a 4 3 2 1 with England really (or attempted to). He always played a 4 5 1 or a 4 3 3 so I do not see how this is a horrible appointment.

barcanuck

fabio capello, horrible appointment for russia, he will get rid of the slick 4-3-3 attacking possesion football they have been playing and change them into a basic 4-4-2 undoing all the good work of previous managers, one of the worst appointments that russia could of made...........

Nice work predicting the down fall :)

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Won't help them though. The Russians will soon intergrate a new system limiting the number of foreign players on the pitch. Not it is 7+4 (at least 4 Russian players), and it is going to become 6+5. As a result, any Russian player will have even more absurd wages. Their system is really fucked up, because they do possess quality young players that perform well at the youth tournaments, but they are eventually spoilt by huge quantities of money.

StarLord

Great news. Time to bring someone fresh and motivated to build something instead a gold digger.

But does Russia have the talent to build a respectable national side? I have not seen them play well since Euro 2008.

Their U-19 team is doing well though. Will be facing Spain in the final this weekend I think.

StarLord

It's a golden generation for them I think. The same group that won the U17 Euros.

Yeah, you are right, they are the same butch of players. They won through two penalty shoot-outs in the semis and final from what I see. The final on Sunday will most certainly be a good one, with Spain being the big favorites for me. Russia did beat them 3-1 in the group stage though.

If Greece could win EC, anything is possible ;)

Greece's victory at the 2004 European Championships is considered by most football fans not only as the greatest upset in the history of international football (probably was) but the greatest upset in the history of football, full stop. That maybe an exaggeration, since that Greek national side actually played perfect defense (not something I, or most football enjoy mind you) while all the big guns proved disappointing. Especially in the crunch games.

But yes, I see your point.

Morten

Huge for the host nation to knock out one of the favorites.
Also, FM-legend Akinfeev lived up to his potential!

Home of Barca Fans